By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec's sales

SlumsofOhio said:
I'd be willing to bet that GT5 will outsell MK Wii. It will only be based on 1st year sales, not lifetime.

Mario Kart Wii has not been out for a full year yet........but let's say it sells 0 copies for the next month, which is when it'll hit 1 year. You believe that GT5 will sell close to 15 million in 1 year, on the PS3, when the previous version(s) managed to obtain that amount over the entire life of the console they were on?

Going by that, it would seem foolish to make such a bet.

Around the Network
point x said:
Incandescence said:
point x said:

wii 47.57m vs ps3 20.81m ,..waooo you are an Genius ''capt obvious''

I didn't know GT3 was a PS3 game.

I didn't know tha wii games fighting  with ps2 games..? ..stupidity vs stupidity

you already failed, quit trying to make yourself look good

Nothing point x can say will save him now..

OT: Mario Kart has done awesomely well and I think that the next iteration on Wii 2 will have the kind of hype that Super Smash Bros. Brawl had this generation.

Mario Kart seems to be Nintendo's Halo.

Wow, if you never mentioned that iz, you could have bet (and won) but you chose to inform me instead. So the bet is off. It was an easy win, why mention it?

SlumsofOhio said:
Wow, if you never mentioned that iz, you could have bet (and won) but you chose to inform me instead. So the bet is off. It was an easy win, why mention it?

I'm a nice guy. That's just how I roll.

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
I'd be willing to bet that GT5 will outsell MK Wii. It will only be based on 1st year sales, not lifetime.

What would you be willing to lose?  I'll take it from you. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

SlumsofOhio said:

By VGChartz data, Mario Kart Wii is the game that has sold the most in its first 12 months EVER. You're predicting that GT5 will become the game that has sold the most in its first 12 months ever.

That is some pretty strong prediction there.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

point x said:

wii 47.57m vs ps3 20.81m ,..waooo you are an Genius ''capt obvious''

I'm sorry but you set yourself up for disaster.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

puffy said:
Nothing point x can say will save him now..

OT: Mario Kart has done awesomely well and I think that the next iteration on Wii 2 will have the kind of hype that Super Smash Bros. Brawl had this generation.

Mario Kart seems to be Nintendo's Halo.

I think it's more along the lines of "Halo is Microsoft's Mario Kart"

Awesome! Mario Kart Wii is by far my favorite racing game of all time! :D