By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec's sales

OH well, doesn't mean it's a better game :)

Love Gran Turismo 3: A Spec that game was hours and hours of fun.

Easy to learn but hard to master

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii is so amazing that I bought a copy even though I don't have a Wii!

Okay, not really, but if I was to get a Wii, this would be the first game I'd buy.

RolStoppable said:

It's not fair to compare these numbers. Gran Turismo 3 was bundled with PS2s for a while and also sold a lot of its units at platinum price.

agree with the first part---this game was bundled for a while

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

c03n3nj0 said:
RolStoppable said:

It's not fair to compare these numbers. Gran Turismo 3 was bundled with PS2s for a while and also sold a lot of its units at platinum price.

Well, Mario Kart is bundled with a Wii wheel. So both games were bundled with a piece of plastic!

Hahahaha nice one xD

But yeah, mario kart really deserves it.

RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@11ht11

no it doesn't....but I don't want to derail the thread further

in fact GT3 (cars at 100 mph never go that slow) doesn't deserve to be up there either

GT4 does.....but oh well

No GT deserves to be up there, because the developers were always too lazy to implement car damage. On the other hand, Mario Kart Wii has clearly visible deformations of its vehicles.

Too lazy? Link a source please because the reason the devs gave was car companies didn't want their cars being trashed on a game. Gocarts being smashed in a game vs world popular cars is a little different.

Around the Network

Quite an accomplishment for MK!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Idree said:
OH well, doesn't mean it's a better game :)

Love Mario Kart Wii , that game is hours and hours of fun.

Easy to learn but hard to master

Interesting, how interchangable that was..

Pixel Art can be fun.

RolStoppable said:
SickleSigh said:
RolStoppable said:

No GT deserves to be up there, because the developers were always too lazy to implement car damage. On the other hand, Mario Kart Wii has clearly visible deformations of its vehicles.

Too lazy? Link a source please because the reason the devs gave was car companies didn't want their cars being trashed on a game.

I don't need to link to a source, it should be enough when I point out that the cars in Codemasters' racing franchises (Colin McRae, Race Driver a.k.a. TOCA) featured damage since the PS1 days.

Doesn't change the fact the devs of GT weren't "too lazy" the devs had trouble allowing manufactures to allow car damage.

"We've had a lot of discussions with the manufacturers and although at the beginning they hated the idea of deformation, now they're slowly coming around to it. We've still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon." - Kazanori Yamauchi

They didn't have car damage, but your reasoning is asinine.

RolStoppable said:
SickleSigh said:
RolStoppable said:

Too lazy? Link a source please because the reason the devs gave was car companies didn't want their cars being trashed on a game.

I don't need to link to a source, it should be enough when I point out that the cars in Codemasters' racing franchises (Colin McRae, Race Driver a.k.a. TOCA) featured damage since the PS1 days.

I don't think he knew that people with kim possible avatars are {gets strangled before secret is revealed}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SickleSigh said:
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@11ht11

no it doesn't....but I don't want to derail the thread further

in fact GT3 (cars at 100 mph never go that slow) doesn't deserve to be up there either

GT4 does.....but oh well

Too lazy? Link a source please because the reason the devs gave was car companies didn't want their cars being trashed on a game. Gocarts being smashed in a game vs world popular cars is a little different.

hahaha