By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec's sales

It deserves the sales, is the best Mario Kart to date.

Around the Network

a year ago, never would have thought this would happen

how could that happen ? i just cant understand. the world is coming to an end

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Wow, I honestly can't believe so many people bought Mario Kart.

I found it horrible to play. GT3 shouldn't be up there either.

GT4 was much, much, much, much better.

lookin at wrong number

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii definitely deserves the sales. I just figured out that it is the best deal I have made in my gaming history. After mind bending mathematical computations, I have figured out that I have spent approximately one millionth of an american penny for every hour that I've played Mario Kart Wii. Time to log off and do some time trials. See ya!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@11ht11

no it doesn't....but I don't want to derail the thread further

in fact GT3 (cars at 100 mph never go that slow) doesn't deserve to be up there either

GT4 does.....but oh well

No GT deserves to be up there, because the developers were always too lazy to implement car damage. On the other hand, Mario Kart Wii has clearly visible deformations of its vehicles.

I think the GT development team worked harder than the MK wii team, Making a rwal car is more difficult to do than a gokart with mario inside. Making more than 400 cars is more work than doing a few. Thats what I think, but sales are sales, it doesnt have much to do with quality(im not saying MK is bad, its really good) and if MK wii sold more than GT 3 then its OK for me.

Reminds me of this thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=12136&page=1

I never did hammer out the details of that bet with Peter Potamus. Too bad, easy win for me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

And MK Wii is still full price!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Excluding Plastic and Bundles SSBB is the still the best selling game this gen. Halo 3 is discounted also don't forget, Nintendo do not like discounting.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.