By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Trailer!

exnoctem said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
uThe_vagabond7 said:

I'm really not into buying games as a means of charity. With the glut of awesome FPSs that exist this doesn't entice me in the least. And saying "well it's a good effort for wii" isn't really something that is going to convince me to lay down 50 dollars. This game will be good for people that only own a wii, but mutli-console owners will probably stick to the new generation of FPS games. I think high voltage is really banking on their being alot of wii only core gamers. For their sake, hopefully all the wii core gamers aren't dual console owners.

I own both a Wii and a 360, and this interests me a great deal more than any FPS where I have to use dual analog...

QFT.

+1

QFT +2 :)

Around the Network

Not bad. I need another wiimote controlled online shooter.

As for advertising, if they even do half of what they are doing for MadWorld then they should be fine. So surprised at how much advertising Sega is doing for the bloody MadWorld.

This is the first Wii exclusive I actually wish was on PS3/360.

The_vagabond7 said:

I'm really not into buying games as a means of charity. With the glut of awesome FPSs that exist this doesn't entice me in the least. And saying "well it's a good effort for wii" isn't really something that is going to convince me to lay down 50 dollars. This game will be good for people that only own a wii, but mutli-console owners will probably stick to the new generation of FPS games. I think high voltage is really banking on their being alot of wii only core gamers. For their sake, hopefully all the wii core gamers aren't dual console owners.

That's where you are wrong.  I am a Wii360 owner.  Have absolutely no interest whatsoever in playing any shooting game on 360.  After playing Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 Wii I just can't bear aiming with a control pad.  This is a day one purchase for me. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
The_vagabond7 said:

That's where you are wrong.  I am a Wii360 owner.  Have absolutely no interest whatsoever in playing any shooting game on 360.  After playing Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 Wii I just can't bear aiming with a control pad.  This is a day one purchase for me. 

Yea I know that feeling as well being a Wii60 owner as well.  Like it was always hard to play the RE5 demo after playing RE4 Wii Edition.  And after MOHH2 on Wii it always makes the dual analog shooters on 360 not feel as good but I digress.  But I'm pretty good with dual analog that I survive but I'd still rather most of my shooters use the wiimote because I like the feel better.

Around the Network

Good to see many ppl with positive hype, rather than all the rampant negative hype for so many months.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Zucas said:
tuoyo said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Yea I know that feeling as well being a Wii60 owner as well.  Like it was always hard to play the RE5 demo after playing RE4 Wii Edition.  And after MOHH2 on Wii it always makes the dual analog shooters on 360 not feel as good but I digress.  But I'm pretty good with dual analog that I survive but I'd still rather most of my shooters use the wiimote because I like the feel better.

I wouldn't say the controls are so much worse, rather, they're different. For example, after playing Virtua Fighter 5, I kept on trying to kick and punch people in Halo 3. And if you need a bajillion other wacky examples, I could provide them. Wii controls may be more accurate for shooters than dual-analog controls, but that doesn't mean that dual-analog controls are much, much worse. They're just different. If control quality was so important, everyone would still be exclusively playing shooters on the PC.

Now if you want to try a shooter that's now unplayable, check out Goldeneye 64.

palancas7 said:
RaptorGTA said:
palancas7 said:
sventiga said:
Hi guys,

can someone explain to me what WM+ can add to the controls in a FPS? As far as my understanding goes the pointing of the gun is done via the IR recognition of the Remote and has nothing to do with the gyros inside WM+.
Im really wondering what it can do to add accuracy or anything.

If someone could please help me out on this one.

BTW buy THE CONDUIT!!!!!!!! (Already have two reserved whahaha)

Doesn't do anything for aiming. Oh and The Conduit will NOT use MotionPlus

The Conduit will use WM+...it was announced awhile ago and is listed on the offical site. They said it will be optional but i really dont see how it can help with the controls...less your get a plasma sword..lol

Come on. Want me to post the video interview? -_-'

Here: http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=50&ch=3&sd=1

You can skip to 12:30

opps...sorries. They need to take it off the offical site. I didnt really see a reason to add it on.  And goldeneye isnt unplayable..me and my friends just recently warmed up the old N64...its was hard as hell to play..but not unplayable...console FPS have come along way.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Game is looking good. Hope they can add a little more polish before its realesed. They backgrounds could be better.

MontanaHatchet said:
Zucas said:
tuoyo said:
The_vagabond7 said:

I wouldn't say the controls are so much worse, rather, they're different. For example, after playing Virtua Fighter 5, I kept on trying to kick and punch people in Halo 3. And if you need a bajillion other wacky examples, I could provide them. Wii controls may be more accurate for shooters than dual-analog controls, but that doesn't mean that dual-analog controls are much, much worse. They're just different. If control quality was so important, everyone would still be exclusively playing shooters on the PC.

Now if you want to try a shooter that's now unplayable, check out Goldeneye 64.

Golden Eye 64 was barely playable when it was new :P but it was fun and something new for it's time with 4 player splitscreen, used to play it for hours with my dad, the game controlled like crap but was fun and innovative.

Now the whole Dual analog vs Wii Remote vs PC, I'm a huge PC FPS nut but this gen shooters finally have started to realize they need to design around the restrictions of the controller itself and you get better controls and gameplay ala CoD4.  And it's a totally different experience on W@W on Wii and CoD on PC.  Now PC controls vs Wii controls is honestly debatable, you have an analog stick for movment which is a lot better then WASD and a controller set up to have a trigger which makes it very comfortable and intuitive to play vs PC where you have just about every control set up you can thick up with cusomization and you can hold your aim slightly more steady with a mouse so it's really up in the air if you ask me. 

I'm just glad someone is making a nice FPS like The Conduit on a system that deserves it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000