By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Trailer!

The GoldenEye bashing in this thread is unacceptable. I bet that the split screen multiplayer in GoldenEye is much more playable than the split screen multiplayer in the Conduit.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Zucas said:
tuoyo said:
The_vagabond7 said:

I'm really not into buying games as a means of charity. With the glut of awesome FPSs that exist this doesn't entice me in the least. And saying "well it's a good effort for wii" isn't really something that is going to convince me to lay down 50 dollars. This game will be good for people that only own a wii, but mutli-console owners will probably stick to the new generation of FPS games. I think high voltage is really banking on their being alot of wii only core gamers. For their sake, hopefully all the wii core gamers aren't dual console owners.

That's where you are wrong.  I am a Wii360 owner.  Have absolutely no interest whatsoever in playing any shooting game on 360.  After playing Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 Wii I just can't bear aiming with a control pad.  This is a day one purchase for me. 

Yea I know that feeling as well being a Wii60 owner as well.  Like it was always hard to play the RE5 demo after playing RE4 Wii Edition.  And after MOHH2 on Wii it always makes the dual analog shooters on 360 not feel as good but I digress.  But I'm pretty good with dual analog that I survive but I'd still rather most of my shooters use the wiimote because I like the feel better.

I wouldn't say the controls are so much worse, rather, they're different. For example, after playing Virtua Fighter 5, I kept on trying to kick and punch people in Halo 3. And if you need a bajillion other wacky examples, I could provide them. Wii controls may be more accurate for shooters than dual-analog controls, but that doesn't mean that dual-analog controls are much, much worse. They're just different. If control quality was so important, everyone would still be exclusively playing shooters on the PC.

Now if you want to try a shooter that's now unplayable, check out Goldeneye 64.

You're crazy, I still play GoldenEye on a regular basis. :P

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

God damn it, It looks like a last gen game I am sorry. I will still buy it. But it pisses me off how much the wii fails in the graphics department.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and that trailer only increased that! The only thing that annoys me is that the main character takes himself far too seriously. I want Duke Nukemesque lines in this sort of game, I don't want to have to pretend I'm saving the world!

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

I am excited for this because the controls for Wii FPSs are unlike anywhere else (I don't play PC games).

I have a 360, but I can't say I'm interested in too many of the FPSs they offer. Most of them are just old Xbox games with a graphical upgrade. I've played demos for A LOT of them any they weren't appealing in the least bit.

However, I enjoyed Red Steel and spent months on RE4. The Wii is where its at, and The Conduit will address that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

This game seems built on a very good piece of technology, but I'm afraid that the design is lacking. In short, it looks horrible. Almost as horrible as Gears of War 2. And I'm kind of surprised that I'm the only one who thinks this.

Otherwise, it's really hard to tell where the game will end up, being good or bad. From what I've read, the gameplay is not something to be worked up about, so I have really low expectations on this game. Therefore, I'm hoping for a surprise.

@RubangB - You might be of a different opinion, but I think you should try playing Chronicles of Riddick. It's actually a very good FPS. Everything about it turns you off until you actually play it, but I'm glad I picked it up when it was on sale.

This is invisible text!

I kindof agree killergran. The art style is pretty bad. But on the other hand, the technology in the game is obviously superior to anything else on a nintendo system. The blood looks realistic, enemies dying is a lot more realistic than in most shooters, and all of the light trickery, dynamic shadows, and heat distortion look amazing.
I think that the wii remote is very precise as a shooting mechanism, and also a lot faster to respond than dual analog. I am also thinking that this should be a good game because of the extreme amount of versatility in where I put my hud icons and how I control my fighter. It's just about as customizable as a pc shooter.
That being said, I would definitely buy this game first day, as long as it gets at least ok reviews. I'm always a fan of shooters. In the meantime, madworld shall satisfy me.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't enjoy dual analog control.  It's d-pad or wii-mote for me.

the conduit has changed the way wii play games.

I know.  I'm sick of the puns too.

MUST GET CONDUIT!

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Cheesetastic.

And there was famousringo trying to try me only US kids' ads are cheesy.

I need to stop watching US trailers else I'll never buy a game again.

RaptorGTA said:
palancas7 said:
sventiga said:
Hi guys,

can someone explain to me what WM+ can add to the controls in a FPS? As far as my understanding goes the pointing of the gun is done via the IR recognition of the Remote and has nothing to do with the gyros inside WM+.
Im really wondering what it can do to add accuracy or anything.

If someone could please help me out on this one.

BTW buy THE CONDUIT!!!!!!!! (Already have two reserved whahaha)

Doesn't do anything for aiming. Oh and The Conduit will NOT use MotionPlus

The Conduit will use WM+...it was announced awhile ago and is listed on the offical site. They said it will be optional but i really dont see how it can help with the controls...less your get a plasma sword..lol

or throwing grenade?