By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SNES = king of all systems.

Senlis said:

If you are asking which console is the best system, I would have to say the Wii is better than the SNES.

Reasons:
Better graphics than the SNES.
Ability to play SNES games on VC.
Has downloadable games.
Has motion controls and classic controls.

Now if you ask which console has the better game library for it's time, I would have to say SNES or NES.  But that is not the question you asked.

It is also able to play...

Genesis (Megadrive) games

TG-16 (PC-Engine) games

NeoGeo games (well if you monitor can show them)

Master System games

Commodore 64 games

And do it LEGALLY folks!

Around the Network

mine is PC>xbox360>P$3>Ps2>xbox>SNES>wii

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pretendo said:
I believe you've confused the SNES with the N64, my friend.
(>'.')>

The N64 cannot even touch the amount of hits the SNES had.

Just like to remind you about a little game called The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I prefer the SNES, barely. And N64boy just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Leonidus said:
Disagree, PS3 60GB is the best system ever, it has the biggest game library at its disposal.

PS1 Games + PS2 Games + PS3 Games = The Best Selection

This. As funny as that sounds it's true lol

The SNES was an awesome console, it was my first console and I still play games on it now, its awesome. But I don't think any console will be able to even come close to the  PS1 + PS2 + PS3 + PSN game library.

Wii one day might. If it gets all the good games avaliable on. So basicaly NES + SNES + N64 + GC + Wii has to be great. Almost forgot Commodore 64, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Turbografx 16.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

one of the best. it's all objective really...lol j/k

my top 3 fav consoles

1. snes
2. n64
3. ps2

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Snesboy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pretendo said:
(>'.')>

Just like to remind you about a little game called The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I prefer the SNES, barely. And N64boy just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Ocarina of Time was great and so was Majora's Mask. The N64 was a great system with alot of great games, but still nowhere near the amount SNES had. A system is only as good as it's games.

richardhutnik said:
Senlis said:

If you are asking which console is the best system, I would have to say the Wii is better than the SNES.

Reasons:
Better graphics than the SNES.
Ability to play SNES games on VC.
Has downloadable games.
Has motion controls and classic controls.

Now if you ask which console has the better game library for it's time, I would have to say SNES or NES.  But that is not the question you asked.

It is also able to play...

Genesis (Megadrive) games

TG-16 (PC-Engine) games

NeoGeo games (well if you monitor can show them)

Master System games

Commodore 64 games

And do it LEGALLY folks!

It may be true that the Wii can play all those games. However, those games don't represent the Wii, they represent their respective system and era, which makes the Wii nowhere in the ballpark based on the games currently made for the Wii.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Snesboy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pretendo said:
(>'.')>

Ocarina of Time was great and so was Majora's Mask. The N64 was a great system with alot of great games, but still nowhere near the amount SNES had. A system is only as good as it's games.

Okay just making sure you remember the greatest game of all time ^_^

Sky Render said:

From the perspective of the dedicated gamer, the SNES was indeed a strong system and a welcome upgrade. To the mainstream gamer, it was an insult as it was asking them to buy yet ANOTHER system; what was wrong with the NES, they asked? (No, I'm not kidding, people did ask that.) For Nintendo, it set up a chain of events that almost ended up destroying them, so it wasn't exactly their best move when they decided to release it. Take your pick of perspectives.

Sega coming out with the Masterdrive/Genesis and kicking the NES' arse for almost 2 years was what was wrong with the NES.  Nintendo suddenly had competition and it was competition with new and better technology.  Nintendo's marketshare started declining and Sega's started skyrocketing.  That is why they created the SNES.

Consumers weren't confused at all.  Sega's amazing marketing push of that time made sure of that.