By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SNES = king of all systems.

You've confused the dedicated gamer with the mainstream gamer, WoW. While it is true that Sega's marketing campaigns with the Genesis were drawing away some of the dedicated gamers, a great deal more looked at the Genesis and saw the same thing they later saw with the SNES: a totally unnecessary upgrade.

Fun bit of history: the SNES was going to be backwards-compatible with NES games to help appease the people who saw no reason to upgrade consoles. It never happened, however, and the closest we ever came to NES BC was Super Mario All-Stars and a few other ports of NES games to SNES.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

My favorite. I don't know if it's the bestthough.

Pixel Art can be fun.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

It may be true that the Wii can play all those games. However, those games don't represent the Wii, they represent their respective system and era, which makes the Wii nowhere in the ballpark based on the games currently made for the Wii.

My response was more of a joke at the OP's expense because of the ambiguity of his question.  He asked which system is the best.  When you refer to "system" you are talking about the console's physical components, not the library of games that would play on it.  Therefore, another system (Wii) that can do everything the SNES system can physically do and more would be a better system.

Disagree,

but it is sure one of the best.

''Hadouken!''

Senlis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It may be true that the Wii can play all those games. However, those games don't represent the Wii, they represent their respective system and era, which makes the Wii nowhere in the ballpark based on the games currently made for the Wii.

My response was more of a joke at the OP's expense because of the ambiguity of his question.  He asked which system is the best.  When you refer to "system" you are talking about the console's physical components, not the library of games that would play on it.  Therefore, another system (Wii) that can do everything the SNES system can physically do and more would be a better system.

I agree.. thats why the 60gig PS3 is the best cause it can play PS1 2 and 3 games :)

Around the Network

1. PS2
2. PS1
3. SNES

/IMO

IMHO DS is. Or at least DS Lite. Well DSi maybe.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Best of the generation it was in, On the verge to be outsold by the Wii within 2.5 weeks though which is 49 million.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

A great system but not my favorite. The PS2 is still #1 in my books.

Leonidus said:
Disagree, PS3 60GB is the best system ever, it has the biggest game library at its disposal.

PS1 Games + PS2 Games + PS3 Games = The Best Selection

Given he said "system" and not console, I'm gonna have to trump you with the PC.