By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales - February 23 - March 1

Awesome PS3 numbers for both hardware and sales of Y3. Maybe with those numbers Sony might think about getting the game released in other regions. Import is already incoming but naturally my Japanese is not as good as my english, what with being english....

Big waaaaah has to go to Wii though, the drop is fecking scary now.

Very interesting about the sales for the previous 2 months for every year. Shows how well 360 is doing over there now. Be interesting when i go back in summer to see with my own eyes people buying the console!

So awesome week for Sony both in Japan and Europe. Look forward to the NA numbers as maybe Sony has taken it's first WW week in a looooong time (6 months right?), or will it be a close but no cigar week?

Around the Network
senortaco said:
haxxiy said:
As a whole, this year so far on Japan have been:

Wii: ~317k this year verse ~855 last year. Ouch: that's like 63% down.
HD consoles: ~295 this year verse ~328 last year. Should start going up yoy in two weeks, for both consoles.

Should the trend keep and Wii will sell around 1.1m on Japan this year, most likely being outsold by the HD twins and even by PS3 alone, if it keeps the pace through the year and FFXIII releases this holidays.

I'm not so sure...cause so far the trend with big releases on the HD consoles we've only seen a modest bump. Even with FF I'm not sure it will have that large of an effect right now.

...I think that the home consoles in Japan seriously need to have more mainstream pricing. The closet there is the 360, and Microsoft has an advantage cause the Yen is doing well.

Well X360 is up like 150% from last year, and PS3 is down yoy so far just because of its strong january last year. It has been up yoy on Japan for a bit now I think.

Color me impressed if the 360 beats the Wii for 2 weeks in a row. With RE5 shipping soon, could the 360 make it 3 weeks of X360>Wii?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

haxxiy said:
senortaco said:
haxxiy said:
As a whole, this year so far on Japan have been:

Wii: ~317k this year verse ~855 last year. Ouch: that's like 63% down.
HD consoles: ~295 this year verse ~328 last year. Should start going up yoy in two weeks, for both consoles.

Should the trend keep and Wii will sell around 1.1m on Japan this year, most likely being outsold by the HD twins and even by PS3 alone, if it keeps the pace through the year and FFXIII releases this holidays.

I'm not so sure...cause so far the trend with big releases on the HD consoles we've only seen a modest bump. Even with FF I'm not sure it will have that large of an effect right now.

...I think that the home consoles in Japan seriously need to have more mainstream pricing. The closet there is the 360, and Microsoft has an advantage cause the Yen is doing well.

Well X360 is up like 150% from last year, and PS3 is down yoy so far just because of its strong january last year. It has been up yoy on Japan for a bit now I think.

Indeed. I think that has alot to do with it's jRPG offerings and it being (I believe) the cheapest home console in Japan. Plus I believe the bias toward American made hardware MAYBE melting, who knows with that one right? lol.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

ShadowSoldier said:
Euphoria14 said:
Egghead said:
Wow people are indeed overeacting, you have to remember that SO4 is supply constrained.

I am pretty sure there is zero evidence to support that claim. Unless you have a link of course other than the Japan Preview thread. If so then I admit defeat.

Im pretty sure your talking out of your Ass. Especially since we would have seen something like Star Ocean 4 is sold out everywhere!! Like i dont know White Knight Chronicles and Demon's Souls

I take it your comment is aimed at Egghead and not me?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Color me impressed if the 360 beats the Wii for 2 weeks in a row. With RE5 shipping soon, could the 360 make it 3 weeks of X360>Wii?

i dont think so but it would be 3 out of 4 since RE5 360 boost would be next week....it will be interesting but as we see the 360 generally only receives its boosts from exclusive RPG's in japan....it seems most people are picking up the PS3 for their hardware when big non RPG cross plat games are released.

Wowzas. This is crazy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Interesting to see the Wii drop that much. Maybe Nintendo figured they can loosen focus on Japan, lose by 15k for the week when they're stomping the HD consoles in Europe and the US by over 100k each, still increasing their WW lead. That or maybe stockpiling for a large anticipation of sales with MH3 next month?

^ stock piling would only matter if they sell out

MH will not sell gangbusters on the Wii. if you ever bin japan then you would know why MH is selling so well on the psp.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st