By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales - February 23 - March 1

The real change in 2009 in Japan might be that after selling upwards of 70% of the console hardware in previous years, in 2009 Wii console sales might end up falling bellow 50% of the console sales for the year. It still however will remain the market leader by a nice margin.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

If so4 is big for 360 in japan, it's clearly a big flop for a game called star océan.
With this rhythm one new would be one miracle, especially
when we know the cost for a next gen game.
Square has to pull the consequences of this failure...

To put it in perspective I like the sales of the PS3, it's a hard sell for any console in Japan right now, and big games help ALOT.

...I don't know why but the Wii HW number looks off with the release of One Piece, unless everyone who wants One Piece already have a Wii. =p

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

OH NEOS. the wii at 12k, looks at my prediction in sig.... laughs and people called me mad

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

@@fabkayuza

+ looking at SO4's graphics n so on its looks to be very expensive

anyways NA, EU sales will be the determining factor

but how long will Tri-Ace/Square Enix continue to ignore PS3's strong Software Sales in comparison to 360's in japan.....I don't know

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
papflesje said:
@ Neos: If you think THAT is annoying, you should check out certain other people who only comment on how awesome / bad a particular console did, no matter how good / bad the others did that week. I could easily name a dozen or so. Just go check the weekly sales threads.

Lol. I was about to post this before I realized it was already there

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

So when do we get payed proper famitsu hw numbers

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Darthdevidem01, you know with wada....

Yakuza 3 FTW! I dont know Square-Enix if this doesnt show you that putting Exclusive RPG's on the 360 is a stupid thing to do I dont know whats going to wake you up. MULTIPLAT OR PS3 EXCLUSIVE

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Wii 12,000!!

PS3 35,000!!

Damn!!