By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales - February 23 - March 1

outlawauron said:
bardicverse said:
haxxiy said:
bardicverse said:
Interesting to see the Wii drop that much. Maybe Nintendo figured they can loosen focus on Japan, lose by 15k for the week when they're stomping the HD consoles in Europe and the US by over 100k each, still increasing their WW lead. That or maybe stockpiling for a large anticipation of sales with MH3 next month?

I belive your right on the first part. Japan hasn't been a very intersting market lately for consoles.

But about the stockpilling thing... eh. I would not be so optmistic concerning the potential of MH3 on a home console. DQX will be a far big of a deal, but the game is still like two years away...

I honestly don't know the potential for MH, as I hadn't heard of it before the mega-success of the recent PSP version. I'm only able to gather some idea on a combination of what the game is and how well it would work with the Wii input method, as well as it being a liked series.

Truth is said that Nintendo really didn't have much ready for the holiday season, and this post holiday lull could be expected. What makes me curious is to what is pushing the US and Other sales so well in comparison.

In my opinion, the Monster Hunter series is a lot like Pokemon. The game is simply better on a handheld. And the sales back up that claim. The highest selling console version is at 600k (MH2 on PS2) versus the ~ 3 million of the PSP version.

That may be true, but MH3 still drew HUGE crowds of gamers at the Tokyo Game Show last year.  If that isn't a guarantee that it will be a system seller, I don't know what is.

Around the Network
JTurner82 said:
outlawauron said:
bardicverse said:
haxxiy said:
bardicverse said:
Interesting to see the Wii drop that much. Maybe Nintendo figured they can loosen focus on Japan, lose by 15k for the week when they're stomping the HD consoles in Europe and the US by over 100k each, still increasing their WW lead. That or maybe stockpiling for a large anticipation of sales with MH3 next month?

I belive your right on the first part. Japan hasn't been a very intersting market lately for consoles.

But about the stockpilling thing... eh. I would not be so optmistic concerning the potential of MH3 on a home console. DQX will be a far big of a deal, but the game is still like two years away...

I honestly don't know the potential for MH, as I hadn't heard of it before the mega-success of the recent PSP version. I'm only able to gather some idea on a combination of what the game is and how well it would work with the Wii input method, as well as it being a liked series.

Truth is said that Nintendo really didn't have much ready for the holiday season, and this post holiday lull could be expected. What makes me curious is to what is pushing the US and Other sales so well in comparison.

In my opinion, the Monster Hunter series is a lot like Pokemon. The game is simply better on a handheld. And the sales back up that claim. The highest selling console version is at 600k (MH2 on PS2) versus the ~ 3 million of the PSP version.

That may be true, but MH3 still drew HUGE crowds of gamers at the Tokyo Game Show last year.  If that isn't a guarantee that it will be a system seller, I don't know what is.

So did Star Ocean 4.

The crowds at TGS are about as realiable as the Famitsu Most Wanted. (not very)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
JTurner82 said:
outlawauron said:
bardicverse said:
haxxiy said:
bardicverse said:

So did Star Ocean 4.

Don't forget that Capcom plans to release "Monster Hunter G" this April; that's going to include a demo of MH3.  Anticipation for this game is very high in Japan; it's arguably a more popular franchise than Star Ocean (I think), so I don't see it failing.

-Jon T.

JTurner82 said:
outlawauron said:
JTurner82 said:
outlawauron said:
bardicverse said:
haxxiy said:
bardicverse said:

So did Star Ocean 4.

Don't forget that Capcom plans to release "Monster Hunter G" this April; that's going to include a demo of MH3.  Anticipation for this game is very high in Japan; it's arguably a more popular franchise than Star Ocean (I think), so I don't see it failing.

-Jon T.

I never said or implied that it would fail. It should at a minimium outsell MH2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

In before the rickshaw.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).