By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales - February 23 - March 1

bardicverse said:
Interesting to see the Wii drop that much. Maybe Nintendo figured they can loosen focus on Japan, lose by 15k for the week when they're stomping the HD consoles in Europe and the US by over 100k each, still increasing their WW lead. That or maybe stockpiling for a large anticipation of sales with MH3 next month?

I belive your right on the first part. Japan hasn't been a very intersting market lately for consoles.

But about the stockpilling thing... eh. I would not be so optmistic concerning the potential of MH3 on a home console. DQX will be a far big of a deal, but the game is still like two years away...

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Euphoria14 said:
Egghead said:
Wow people are indeed overeacting, you have to remember that SO4 is supply constrained.

I am pretty sure there is zero evidence to support that claim. Unless you have a link of course other than the Japan Preview thread. If so then I admit defeat.

Im pretty sure your talking out of your Ass. Especially since we would have seen something like Star Ocean 4 is sold out everywhere!! Like i dont know White Knight Chronicles and Demon's Souls

I take it your comment is aimed at Egghead and not me?

Lol of Course

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Couple things...

1) Star Ocean 4 is probably not supply constrained. It did 130,000 day one and then 168,000 week one. Four days of availability week one...so 130k/19k/11k/8k...Wouldn't be too surprising if it did 5k/3k/2k/1.5k/1k/750/500 and came it 13k for the week.

2) I suspect Media Create will come in higher for Wii as their two systems had started to diverge a bit in recent weeks.

3) Next week is the key - does PS3 boost again with its first RE game or does it decline? I think we can expect PS3 to top 45,000 next week but not much more as alot of the users buying this week are buying for RE5 and Yakuza 3 or in anticipation of RE5. Wii should stay fairly stable...360 will probably drop a bit. But we'll have to see.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

The 360 is generating some nice sales, should cross 1 million in like 2-3 weeks.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

i heard yakuza 3 sold 357k thats like amazing right?,

Around the Network
luisgvm said:
i heard yakuza 3 sold 357k thats like amazing right?,

Second best sales for the region.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

^ wow if SONY and SEGA had released this simultaneously worldwide it would have sold a lot.

Very much doubt SO4 is supply constrained. Nice Yakuza sales. I played the demo. Its decent but not really open world like I thought.
Dont see much potential for the HD consoles after FF demo bundle. Too expensive really

Ynwa.

yakuza doesnt sell well in the west

@ The Source

I think we'll see a very small rise in HW next week for RE5.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.