By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Boy and His Blob remake coming to Wii

Comparison picture:

NES:

Wii:

Around the Network

This game looks damn sexy. I'm diggin' the art style... those shots look amazing.

Oh crap this art keeps getting better and better.

A couple of videos:
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14326534/a-boy-his-blob/videos/ABoyandHisBlobIGN_2.html
No sound effects yet, but the animation with the kid falling is great, I'm not sure bout the detection, basically you can jump on a big portion of the ceiling.

They definitely toned the difficulty down. Seeing the city was definitely a moment of nostalia for me, but getting underground was a breeze (where are the train tracks?), it's not even remotely puzzling like the original. And if you fell even half that distance in the original game, you'd be dead.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
They definitely toned the difficulty down. Seeing the city was definitely a moment of nostalia for me, but getting underground was a breeze (where are the train tracks?), it's not even remotely puzzling like the original. And if you fell even half that distance in the original game, you'd be dead.

There are 40 levels on this game, and those falls are only the introduction to a stage, not part of the gameplay.

Whoa, they actually let you know what the jellybeans do in a convenient menu. That changes everything.

Well I'm glad they actually made it possible this time, but I hope that if they have 40 levels, some of them are insanely hard.

Stephlereff said:
Comparison picture:

NES:

Wii:

Don't forget the DS version.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Beautiful art.

Makes me happy to own a Wii :)

I'm curious as to the content vs. price issue. Obviously it's far to early to tell if it will be worth the price of a standard retail game. The constant use of the (game pausing) bean menu looks like it may become tedious quick.