By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Boy and His Blob remake coming to Wii

The only jellybeans I still remember are Tangerine (Trampoline) and Ketchup.

Around the Network

Screenshots and artwork, part one:

Part deux:

Can anyone tell me how to crop images?

You usually select a crop tool, then drag a box around the area you want to keep, tweak the box until it fits just how you want it, then tell it to crop. If that's too vague, what image programs do you have?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
You usually select a crop tool, then drag a box around the area you want to keep, tweak the box until it fits just how you want it, then tell it to crop. If that's too vague, what image programs do you have?

"Image programs."

Knew this PC was missing something.

(Sorry, late night last night, brain=dead).

Anyhow, if anyone wants to see the whole thing for themselves, just click here.

http://nintendopower.com/images/NP240_BoyAndBlob.jpg

Thanks for the help, though!

Around the Network

I never got anywhere in the original. I didn't play it much, mainly because I was too young a gamer when it went out of date.

I accomplished only a few things - wandering into caverns below, somehow traversing into new fields and whatnot, etc. And I never had enough jellybeans left to do anything with by the time I figured out how to get to new places, so I would give up.

I hope this one retains most of that, but at least simplifies it to a degree. Maybe gives you 10% more beans? Or has some sort of dialogue with which you can figure out what the blazes to do. I don't know, I just know it needs something.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I never got anywhere in the original. I didn't play it much, mainly because I was too young a gamer when it went out of date.

I accomplished only a few things - wandering into caverns below, somehow traversing into new fields and whatnot, etc. And I never had enough jellybeans left to do anything with by the time I figured out how to get to new places, so I would give up.

I hope this one retains most of that, but at least simplifies it to a degree. Maybe gives you 10% more beans? Or has some sort of dialogue with which you can figure out what the blazes to do. I don't know, I just know it needs something.

I have absolutely no doubt that this game will be much, much simpler than the original. Most gamers today can't handle the difficulty of the average NES game, and I don't mean that as a put-down: we clearly had no lives back then, or we would never have had the timethese games demand to master them.

noname2200 said:
thetonestarr said:

I have absolutely no doubt that this game will be much, much simpler than the original. Most gamers today can't handle the difficulty of the average NES game, and I don't mean that as a put-down: we clearly had no lives back then, or we would never have had the timethese games demand to master them.

Also games had to be hard or you'd finish them within an hour or two, sometimes within minutes!  Being hard but maintaining that 'I can do it this time' complusion is what gave you such long gameplay then.

I'd expect this to be made for today's audience and especially the Wii's so don't expect it to be super difficult.  By the same token I expect it to be much longer.

I never even heard of the original but it looks like a great concept for Wii.  I'm envisioning the blob being something like Wiki in Zack and Wiki where you transform him and then use the Wiimote in interesting way to make use of him.

@ noname

I posted this in the other thread too.

360 Tag - narfwack

It's hard to describe just how amazing this announcement is... This really is a sign of just how amazing the Wii is, though it's hard to describe just how amazing an announcement this is if you haven't played the original. The Wii really is turning gaming on it's head. It's returning us to an oldschool, fun over "cool" gaming that we haven't had in ages. But now we have it. Gaming for gamings sake... and I love it. Go A boy and his Blob!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.