By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Basically, if this is an honest-from-MS statement, they've just admitted that:

(A) Killzone 2 looks better than any 360 title on the shelves, and..

(B) They haven't even announced a title that will look better, let alone shipped one. I.E. They are saying that the PS3 will have the best looking exclusive shooter for... more than a year at this point? At least until the holidays, and frankly... MS doesn't announce a game and then just drop it on the shelves the same year, from what I can tell.

Given that, I don't believe MS would make such a statement at all. They don't foot-in-mouth that badly. (B) may be true no matter what happens, but only if MS were to admit to (A), would it matter, from a PR standpoint. They are not going to admit to (A), since its not some hard fact that KZ2 "looks better" than all other console shooters. Its just a commonly held opinion.

Around the Network
Procrastinato said:

(B) They haven't even announced a title that will look better, let alone shipped one. I.E. They are saying that the PS3 will have the best looking exclusive shooter for... more than a year at this point? At least until the holidays, and frankly... MS doesn't announce a game and then just drop it on the shelves the same year, from what I can tell.

Given that, I don't believe MS would make such a statement at all. They don't foot-in-mouth that badly. (B) may be true no matter what happens, but only if MS were to admit to (A), would it matter, from a PR standpoint. They are not going to admit to (A), since its not some hard fact that KZ2 "looks better" than all other console shooters. Its just a commonly held opinion.

KZ2 is graphically better than any Xbox 360 game out right now. Actually it's one of the most visually pleasing shooters ever. It's basically set the standard for how a shooter should look. I like the gameplay....just not as much as Halo 3.

KZ2 only looks slightly better than X360. Given the sloppy framerate and obvious graphical glitches in KZ2, I don't think it would be too hard to surpass it.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Procrastinato said:

Heh, you make a good point, but don't forget that although MS can do powerful marketing and ads, its PR's and spokesmen are at least as crappy as Sony ones, so it can be a really genuine MS statement and unwittingly admitting all you wrote. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Whats with the "Graphix warz" ? , if Microsoft made fully detailed shit in HD 1080p would you buy it cause it has amazing "Graphix" ?

im sorry but Graphics dont mean anything if the core gameplay is boring (dont get me starting with assassins creed)

Around the Network
Zones said:

Yay! Another Killzone 2 Thread. :D

...a Microsoft spokesperson had this to say about Killzone 2 and Microsoft’s future:

“We congratulate Sony and Guerilla Games for their efforts with Killzone 2, however this is only the beginning of a new wave. The current technology employed for certain unannounced Xbox 360 exclusives far surpasses what gamers have seen in any game so far. Gears of War was the beginning of this technological benchmark when released on the 360 and this lineage will be carried forward in the following months with exclusives that shall stand for a new definition of gaming experience and provide stiff competition for the opposition.”

http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2009/02/future-xbox-360-exclusives-will-surpass-killzone-2-microsoft/

Do I believe them? Yes. I think they can definitely make better looking games as this generation still has alot more to offer in graphics department, but I doubt they could make an FPS with the same amount of details.

is it just me or when it comes to this gen. is microsoft always trying to 1-up sony??? everything is compared by them... i understand that they are the only HD consoles so i guess that makes them bitter rivals, but ms isnt doing enough imo to really set the bar over sony... DLC not enough, especially when gamers are paying for those extra hours of gaming... buying exclusives??? pathetic imo money should be used in developing more and better 1st party games...

There will probably be a 360 game that surpasses Killzone 2, then Gran Turismo 5 will surpass whatever that 360 game was.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

More interested to see if they can make a game that is as fun as KZ2

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Procrastinato said:

Heh, you make a good point, but don't forget that although MS can do powerful marketing and ads, its PR's and spokesmen are at least as crappy as Sony ones, so it can be a really genuine MS statement and unwittingly admitting all you wrote. 

MS has much better PR spokesman than Sony. Kim vs Hirai backing up Microsoft and Sony...i'd choose Kim. Did you see E3? MS had the only genuine spokesmen out of all the console companies.

bulletstopper636 said:
More interested to see if they can make a game that is as fun as KZ2

Games already exist. Halo 3, Gears 2, L4D. Stick to graphics...it's a much more convincing argument. It's really Sony that found a shooter thats as fun as those on the 360.