By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turn-based RPG or Action RPG

KillerMan said:
Turn-based easily. One of the reaons why I like Lost Odyssey so much. There are too few turn-based RPG's nowadays.

yea I agree, to many ARPG's hopefully turnbased isnt dying out( at least on consoles)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Spedfrom said:
Silly question. No genre is better than another. Games are though, on a technical and personal level.
I've played games from both genres and both liked some and disliked others.

Life and common sense send their best.

Did you really just say that? I think RPGs are the best genre. And I'm sure many people would prefer an RPG or shooter or something over a puzzle game or something. Genres can be better than each other.

Well this does not prove that there are better or worse genres, it just proves that people have different tastes dude. Well personally im happy with both systems, even in WRPG's turn based system can be done brilliantly (FAllout 1 and 2 ). Im not really that bothered about Battle systems, i love RPG's because of the Story.

I used to play alot of turn based, but as time has gone by and I have things to do I like Action RPG's.

Turn based.

I much prefer turn-based but action is fine and often enjoyable if your can switch to turn-based at any time (like Bioware does). Pure action - no thanks.

Around the Network

Action for me, i love real-time experience a lot...

But don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed a lot of turn-based RPGs, especially when some attacks that have an amazing complexity and have stunning visuals, that only can happen when the system is turn-based...

Turn Based.

Both but I would prefer action RPGs

I used to like turn based, but at this point I have played too many of them.

I like turn-based.