By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turn-based RPG or Action RPG

Which is better?

Around the Network

Turn based for me.
I still like action rpgs :)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I have to go with action RPG, of course I am a fan of Western RPGs and dont like JRPGs.  I do like turn based games though, but more along the lines of strategy games like Civilization and Total War.

I think Action RPGs are better because you are into the character and story so when something happens (monster jumps at you, friend gets killed, whatever) its a better in real time than in a turn based format.

Not really a factor to me, I like both.

action RPG.. turn based has been done to death tho i like it its time to move on

Around the Network

I like them both but if I had to go with one it would be action rpg.

Give me a Turned Based RPG like Final Fantasy X's and Im set

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I'll go for action.Games like Tales, Star Ocean, and Kingdom Hearts were soooo addicting.

Turn Based any day of the week.  I don't hate Action RPG's but the combat sytem drags me down.  Plus, I am a very nostalgic person.

I prefer action. :)