By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Warhawk review :8.8 and a 9 in graphics .

@bonafide

I want lair, since I already have resistance for multiplayer. Although I dont have a headset. I cant take both since that would be ruling out heavenly sword(which I know is a great game). Its going to be a tough desicion.

mM
Around the Network

I like IGN's closing statement,

"It may be multiplayer only, it may not have bots, and it may have a steep learning curve, but Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar. Regardless if you happen to prefer the retail version or the downloadable PSN title, this Sony exclusive shouldn't pass PS3 owners by."

I think it's like "Hey PSM, screw you and your review".

dtewi said:
Because it seems to pointless to brag about graphics.

Why becasue your console of choice has mediocre graphics ?

PSM is supposed to be biased in favor of PS3 (supposedly) yet its scores for Warhawk and Heavenly Sword have actually been much lower than EGM/1UP or IGN scores.

Go figure...

8.5 from 1up and an 8.8 from IGN are pretty damn good.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Nice, i knew this game would score pretty high and anything in 8's is a really good game. Finally the first AAA title on the ps3, very nice

BTW at killzone what console are you talking about im gussing wii O.o

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
I like IGN's closing statement,

"It may be multiplayer only, it may not have bots, and it may have a steep learning curve, but Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar. Regardless if you happen to prefer the retail version or the downloadable PSN title, this Sony exclusive shouldn't pass PS3 owners by."

I think it's like "Hey PSM, screw you and your review".

Exactly my thaughts :P Anyways , seeing the latest reviews for WH I think this game could get overall better , no , Im sure it will get better reviews than Lair :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Seems like a very solid review, for an excellent game. Well done Warhawk.

Heres to good games getting good reviews - based on their actual merits. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:
I still dont know what to get. Lair or warhawk..

Save up and get both! It's the right thing to do...

PS3 is coming into it's own now! Those other companies better not let this brand get too hot! We all know what could happen.......happy gaming to all!

Lost tears of Kain said:
Nice, i knew this game would score pretty high and anything in 8's is a really good game. Finally the first AAA title on the ps3, very nice

BTW at killzone what console are you talking about im gussing wii O.o

So games that score in the 8's are AAA no!? Hmm....that's interesting.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo