By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Warhawk review :8.8 and a 9 in graphics .

WTH

Yea so according to gamespot metroid 3 is not a AAA game...

Look, 8.5-9.7 is a AAA game anything above that is AAAA game.

Dam dude, I saw gameplay of ut3 on ps3 and pc, which one do you think looked better? Its in gametrailers watch for yourself.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
WTH

Dam dude, I saw gameplay of ut3 on ps3 and pc, which one do you think looked better? Its in gametrailers watch for yourself.

It's going by overall rankings, not what one reviewer says. If that was the case then Warhawk would be a mediocre title.

8.5 is not AAA, not by a longshot.

And why bring up a gameplay vid of UT3? Was it to mention how the PC version looks better?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

leo-j said:
WTH

Well, AAA games should really be the best of the best.

Metroid may be an AAA game, depending on what you prefer. For me it isn´t, I am sure I will be absolutely loving it though.

Does anyone remember PSX/N64 days? Final Fantasy VII, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64.... these were games which revolutionized the whole videogaming world. These were AAA titles, today everything that´s big and has beautiful graphics is called an AAA title.

Honestly, for me there is just one game on the horizon for all three consoles, that looks like it could really change something and that is Super Mario Galaxy. Metroid, Halo, Brawl, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid, Mario Kart, these are AA games if you take use of the "old" standarts.

So here you go:

A good game with great graphics and sound, solid gameplay and a big experience (Warhawk, some Mario Sports titles, such games) is called an A title.

An awesome game with great graphics and sound, great gameplay and big effort behind it that lives up to all of it´s hype is called an AA game (games like Final Fantasy XIII (?), Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metal Gear Solid 4 (?), Halo 3, etc.)

An awesome game that totally blows you away and changes the entire industry or genre for years to come, with things you have never seen before...that is an AAA title. (Examples: Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy (?), Metal Gear Solid (PSX version) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and (just in my personal opinion) Shadow of the Colosus.)

So, there you have the definition. It is fair but hard. In the last 6 years we forgot what true AAA titles really are. Maybe Wii Sports and Brain Training are AAA titles, too. They changed the whole industry it seems. future will tell us eventually.

Never overrate games, there may be one game that really tops them all and you´ll want to give it the credit it deserves.

sieanr said:
leo-j said:
WTH

It's going by overall rankings, not what one reviewer says. If that was the case then Warhawk would be a mediocre title.

And why bring up a gameplay vid of UT3? Was it to mention how the PC version looks better?

Are you sure pc version looks better? Because to me it looks like it has not lighting or shading at all..

mM

If we judge by average of reviews then MP3 isnt a AAA because Gamespot ,Gamepro and some others have given it scores around 8.5 and others a 9 .
Even Bioshock could have some problems taking into account the Gamespot and Edge scores .

Hell ,after that site that contabilizes all the reviews and gets an average there isnt nearly 5 games in recent history that have averaged more than 9 .Those 4-5 games arent only AAA .

So a 8.8 especially if it is the best of its genre can perfectly be a AAA game .After all it is receiving some 8 ,some 8.5 and some 9 ,even a 9.6 from that Ireland mag .Heavenly Sword ,excepting that crap IGN review of a 7 ,is also receiving good scores as these

Play Magazine 10/10
Tilt.TV 10/10
PSXtreme Magazine 9/10
Doupe.cz: 9/10
Gamepro 4.5/5
Game Informer 8.75/10 y 9/10
EGM 8/10, 8/10, 9/10
The Officiel Playstation Magazine 89%
Gamedaily 8/10
Gameradar 8/10
PSW*Uk mag*8/10
IGN US 7/10
Edge 6/10

So it may not be a AAA but it sure is a AA and for fans of the genre it can be a AAA .

Around the Network
leo-j said:
sieanr said:
leo-j said:
WTH

Are you sure pc version looks better? Because to me it looks like it has not lighting or shading at all..

Its the exact same game, except the PC has the potential for better AA, better textures, better filtering, better effects and a much higher resolution. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
leo-j said:
sieanr said:
leo-j said:
WTH

Its the exact same game, except the PC has the potential for better AA, better textures, better filtering, better effects and a much higher resolution. 

naw kid, look at actual videos before you compare.

mM
leo-j said:
sieanr said:
leo-j said:
sieanr said:
leo-j said:
WTH

naw kid, look at actual videos before you compare.

Haha, a person in 8th grade calling me a kid.

Learn a thing or two before you rant about a PC port to a less powerful console looking better than the system it was designed for.

Can we stop arguing about whether this is a "AAA" title?

What this game is is the best multiplayer shooter experience right now.

Only Team Fortress 2, Quake Wars, and UT3 can compete with its multiplayer this year on the PS3 (assuming the Quake Wars port makes it this year...PC version in October).

I get PSM, btw, and I've never found them biased in review scores.  Very strange for them to ignore that the game is 66% the cost of a full game when complaining about cost because they don't even mention the online version that is $40.  Oh well.

70%=A
80%=AA
90%=AAA

This is how see it. What you're talking about is called a "Killer app," Louie.