By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN reviews Empire: Total War - 9.5

Brilliant the best pc series ever made in my opinion.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Rei said:
I play battles myself most of the time. That's the main point of Total War games, if all I wanted was to play on the global map then I'd rather play Europe:Uneversalis.

That's how I feel. The campaign and AI are just not that good, IMO. The battles really make the game, so I play almost all of them. Even insignificant ones... nothing cooler than charging a lone band of rebel peasants with your general's bodyguard!

Rei said:
I play battles myself most of the time. That's the main point of Total War games, if all I wanted was to play on the global map then I'd rather play Europe:Uneversalis.

What is Europe Uneversalis, is it just the grand campaign?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_universalis

Munkeh111 said:
Rei said:

What is Europe Uneversalis, is it just the grand campaign?

It's THE game for hardcore strategy players (along Hearts of Iron which runs on the same engine and is developed by the same company that makes Europa Universalis).

To give you an idea, the official paradox forum for their games has over three million posts.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

If they would release a Steam free version of the game, I buy it. However, I probably won't touch the vanilla campaign, which usually sucks and start apply heavy mods to it, which probably won't happen until a year after release.

i might get the demo and see if my pc will run this. probably at low settings. man I wish i had a killer gaming rig

@ peterisyum, just a warning the demo is horribly dodgy, you have to wait like 5 minutes for it to load to the title screen, and then there are incredibly long load times

I see a lot of people say the demo has horrible load times, but it works fine for me.

Anyway, does anybody know if the game has one merged global map or is separated in 3 for each region? (Europe, America, India)

From the images I have seen, it is separated into several regions, but I am not sure precisely how it works