By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN reviews Empire: Total War - 9.5

Asriel said:
Sigh. It's games like this that make me wish I could afford a good gaming PC.
Maybe one day.

Play previous games of the series. They are terrific and will run fine in your PC. 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I will do at some point, but the setting of this version interests me greatly, as do the naval battles!

I've been playing Total War games since Shogun:TW. That's one of the few series with which I dont need any reviews or opinions to make me buy a new installment.

Well, 4 more days to wait. Demo was great, I always wanted a Total War game where ranged units mean much.

Too ... Busy ... Killzone

non-gravity said:
Too ... Busy ... Killzone

You are not fit to wear that avatar!

Around the Network

@FreeTalkLive
I don't think so. But with little hard work, you can make your own regions. I remember adding lots in Rome Total War.

Too bad my PC is too weak. I can hardly play MTW2. :/

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I'm still waiting two months to learn all the bugs/defects that every reviewer overlooks when covering this series. If it's still good after that time...all in.

zexen_lowe said:
FreeTalkLive said:

Does the game come with a complete map editor? No PC strategy game can be a 10 in Lasting Appeal unless it is a complete map editor so that you are allowed to create worlds and campaigns.

I'm not sure how would you create a map since the Earth shape is one and only, you can't alter it. I think you'd be able to create maps for the battles, though, not sure on that.

Like Civilization II Gold or something.  Although, I'd expect better now.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Game of the year! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Well, actually I am pretty cautious about this game. Rome & Medieval 2 weren't that good. Only Shogun & Medieval 1 were good. Hopefully this is better than last two.

Deneidez said:
Game of the year! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Well, actually I am pretty cautious about this game. Rome & Medieval 2 weren't that good. Only Shogun & Medieval 1 were good. Hopefully this is better than last two.

Hey now, Rome became good.

Albeit only after patch 1.5, i.e. a year later.