By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN reviews Empire: Total War - 9.5

Pre-ordered mine a month ago, it should be sent very soon!!! I can't wait, though I will have to stop playing KZ2 for a bit for this unfortunately

Around the Network

This is why I love IGN! Probably PC game of the year (at least for me)! I am happy my PC can run this game.

Deneidez said:
Game of the year! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Well, actually I am pretty cautious about this game. Rome & Medieval 2 weren't that good. Only Shogun & Medieval 1 were good. Hopefully this is better than last two.

Wow I actually liked Rome the most, with Medieval 2 after, then Shogun. Never played the first Medieval.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I really like the series, though I am disappointed they still have path-finding issues. That was one of the biggest annoyances in Medieval 2

badgenome said:
non-gravity said:
Too ... Busy ... Killzone

You are not fit to wear that avatar!

Yeah I like your avatar too

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

Excellent score, sucks that the Total War are too complicated for me, I love managing the map part, but I can't tolerate the battles, if not I'd give the game a try, Medieval was a very good (though incredibly difficult) game

Complicated? I found Rome rather simple after all, and I don't believe the others are more complicated either. The only complicated part was the beginning and it was only because I didn't know what to do right away, like with most FPS games for example. Still, I figured thing out pretty quick.

Now, if you liked Medieval with the exception of battles, I might suggest using the auto-resolve function for battles. That way you don't have to concentrate on battles but instead on managing (I hated it in Rome at least, though, as rebels became far too common when the empire grew larger; of course they didn't do much but it's still pretty annoying when it feels like the whole empire is crumbling no matter what you do).

Anyway, although I liked Rome myself, I'm not getting this for two reasons. First, I would be forced to use Steam. As an option it would be welcome, but enforcing it is not welcome. I hate Steam. Second, I'm not interested in whatever time (18th-19th century?) the game is situated in.

id like to get this but my computer manages rome total war on max at 1280 by 1024 but that was released in 2005 so itprobably wouldnt be able to run it lol

I will buy this, I've always loved Total War since Shogun (it was cool to send out my ninjas to perform some funky assasinations)

I can rarely be bothered to fight the battles, and in completing Rome Total War about 3 times (grand campaign) I only fought a handful of battles

I play battles myself most of the time. That's the main point of Total War games, if all I wanted was to play on the global map then I'd rather play Europe:Uneversalis.