By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN reviews Empire: Total War - 9.5

Anyone know how the campaign AI operates in E:TW. Do they still demand 500,000 units of money and half your cities from you when you got them down to their last city?

Around the Network

Hmm, I may have to get this game at some point. Never played any of the other Total War games, although I did hear good things about them. As a historian who specializes in 18th century Empire, it's like they created the setting just for me! Now if I can just do a campaign playing as Tipu Sultan of Mysore...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

totalwar23 said:
Anyone know how the campaign AI operates in E:TW. Do they still demand 500,000 units of money and half your cities from you when you got them down to their last city?

They are far better, much more strategic, but they still do some stupid things, but I suppose they would be more intellegent on hard

Munkeh111 said:
totalwar23 said:

They are far better, much more strategic, but they still do some stupid things, but I suppose they would be more intellegent on hard

Are they still stupidly aggressive, or can you actually negotiate with them? And, dare I even dream it, what about coordinating attacks with your allies?

I'm still playing Rome Total War with SPQR mod so no readon to get this yet ( and my PC would need a graphic card upgrade anyway...)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I wouldn't say there is much negotiation that can be done, or organization with allies, but they have designed the engine so that you can play campaign MP

Munkeh111 said:
I wouldn't say there is much negotiation that can be done, or organization with allies, but they have designed the engine so that you can play campaign MP

The AI is still very aggressive. You will find yourself at war often with people you don'twant to be fighting, and if your, say, Prussia or Austria and your surrounded by rivals, chances are they will take advantage of any war your in.

Also: Don't ignore your navy! Even if your mainly landlocked, lots of your money will be coming into your ports. And once you go to war with a decent nation the first thing they'll do is drop a large fleet in front of your port, thus crippling your ability to continue recruiting.

I so want this game. But I first need a new pc. Which I probably won't get for another half a year or so :(

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Well I have just kicked France out of America, then I forced them to become my protectorate give me 2,000 for peace, or else I would have ended them

They do generally do a good job of blockading me, but I had a decent sized fleet ready for them second time

I have managed to stay clear of war, but I have neglected my navy, thankfully, I have just upgraded my 2 main ship building ports, (3rd one under construction) so now I can start building second and third rate ships, but I am concentrating on completing my fleet, and rebuilding all of my US colonies. I am going to decrease my military, before constructing several large armies to take India

all i gotta say is they took out hotseat. highly disappointing. why remove a feature that is great in many ways. all you had to do was improve on what you started with in the previous games.

they have lost a sale