By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the All-Play brand going to continue?

I really don't want it to. I think the cover of Madden 09 All-Play turned people off.

I don't really buy sports games, but I do want the highest possible number of customers to get the game. 

Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA live and Fifa (I guess NCAA, too) should go back to their original names. 

Am I wrong? Did EA really capture a wider audience with All-Play? I'm not really sure...

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

I think it will stick around, but I have no doubt EA will tweak the formula after all the criticism.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Yeah, I think they will keep it, I dunno why they introduced it in the first place though...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

The All Play doesn't bother me. I actually think it's a good idea to have to have casual friendly modes in addition to the standard hardcore game. However, the Wii version's of EA games running off their PS2 game engines does bother me. It bothered me when my X-box and Gamecube games ran off of PS2 engines. It really grinds my gears when that is the case with Wii titles.

Madden 09 (All Play) did slightly worse than Madden 08, but not by enough to justify scrapping the brand, say. It might have more to do with EA's new strategy for the Wii if they get rid of the brand.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I could care less, don't buy sports games. Though probably gonna get tiger woods 10' this year with motion+

otherwise i could pop in a madden 05 or whatever year and have just as much fun as any new madden and so on for any other game. Tiger Woods for Wii is only game that seems to interest me due to the unique control. LOVED 07's and can't even imagne how much better they got since then, and now get to use motion+

Mr Khan said:

Madden 09 (All Play) did slightly worse than Madden 08, but not by enough to justify scrapping the brand, say. It might have more to do with EA's new strategy for the Wii if they get rid of the brand.

Umm its actually tracking faster than last year's version

Mr Khan said:

maybe not?

EDIT: Gah! Just got beat to this.

360 Tag - narfwack

Darc Requiem said:

The All Play doesn't bother me. I actually think it's a good idea to have to have casual friendly modes in addition to the standard hardcore game. However, the Wii version's of EA games running off their PS2 game engines does bother me. It bothered me when my X-box and Gamecube games ran off of PS2 engines. It really grinds my gears when that is the case with Wii titles.

You know what really grinds MY gears?  YOU, America!  F**K YOU!

Diane?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I don't know if EA captured a bigger or wider audience but the All-Play Tiger Woods game was much better than the HD versions. I never played the All-Play Madden version but I head it was better, also. As long as EA continues to put out fantastic sports games on Wii, I don't care what it calls them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii. The only other sports games I'm more interested in are Wii Sports Resort (biggest sports game on 2009), Punch Out Wii, and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org