By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Planet 2 Confirmed as Xbox360 Exclusive

They shoudl really have the ps3 as lead console and so it would be easier to do both consoles, but maybe their way works!

Around the Network

The first game got a decent enough following and amount of fans. The second (which I viewed the announcement on Live) looks far better to. Much more personal 3rd person viewpoint. Graphics updated alot, and the gameplay looks more involving. Bring it on.

geddesmond2 said:
no its not a xbox exclusive lol.xbox fans take things the wrong way always and say things without thinking.it never said it was exclusive.capcom released an exclusive video announching on xbox live during a res evil 5 video that they were developing lost planet 2 for the xbox.but heres were it comes in,not once did they say it was exclusive.all they said was an xbox version was in development.

capcom aint stupid,they wont release a game on 1 consol especially after announching exclusivitys with them is over and they definitly wont starve the ps3 anymore wat with ps3 owners buying more games than xbox

oh lord....did you take the time to see who started the thread in the first place??

jpain333 said:
geddesmond2 said:
no its not a xbox exclusive lol.xbox fans take things the wrong way always and say things without thinking.it never said it was exclusive.capcom released an exclusive video announching on xbox live during a res evil 5 video that they were developing lost planet 2 for the xbox.but heres were it comes in,not once did they say it was exclusive.all they said was an xbox version was in development.

capcom aint stupid,they wont release a game on 1 consol especially after announching exclusivitys with them is over and they definitly wont starve the ps3 anymore wat with ps3 owners buying more games than xbox

oh lord....did you take the time to see who started the thread in the first place??

Skeeuk is a known xbot.

badgenome said:
jpain333 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Skeeuk is a known xbot.

lol...you got me..

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

The source is questionable at best. However if this does prove to be true, I'm fairly sure it will involve Microsoft's new plan of buying exclusivity of games as opposed to developing it themselves. I don't know the cost differentiation between the two avenues but I could see this being a good way to move in. I can't vouch for this particular title being a good pick though. MS should be buying out devs to make titles for IPs that MS owns themselves.

If your assertion is true Onyxmeth, it would indicate that MS is using the strategy Sony used with the PS1. Crash, Spyro, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, etc. were exclusive to PS1 because of a similar strategy.

Darc Requiem said:
Onyxmeth said:

The source is questionable at best. However if this does prove to be true, I'm fairly sure it will involve Microsoft's new plan of buying exclusivity of games as opposed to developing it themselves. I don't know the cost differentiation between the two avenues but I could see this being a good way to move in. I can't vouch for this particular title being a good pick though. MS should be buying out devs to make titles for IPs that MS owns themselves.

If your assertion is true Onyxmeth, it would indicate that MS is using the strategy Sony used with the PS1. Crash, Spyro, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, etc. were exclusive to PS1 because of a similar strategy.

Yeah it would essentially be that. It worked out well for Sony for quite a while, so it's hard to say it's necessarily a bad strategy seeing as how it was employed for a 100+ million selling console. Time will tell though.
I still think MS needs to keep the IPs they source out under their employ because they can at least be in control of the franchises' futures, as opposed to Sony that lost almost all of them this gen and had this scenario finally blow up in their face.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i believe it will be a 360 permanent exclusive. dont care about devil may cry 5, if they want to give it to the ps3, they can. i'll be more than happy with lost planet 2. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

halil23 said:
slowmo said:
halil23 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
LOL I hope they make this exclusive to 360 then make DMC 5 as ps3 exclusive.

That would be fair, I'd hit that.

I'd be happy if they didn't make a DMC5 full stop.

Guess you're too weak for hard/hardcore games

I just didn't get DMC4 at all, talk about deja vu as you played it.  Initially it seemed great fun then that quickly faded when it became a one trick pony.  It probably is just me who felt like that but I do love most hardcore games, sadly it just didn't click for me.

cool i didnt care for the origional so this will probably be picked up used

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!