By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 8 indicators that you are a casual gamer

I don't meet many of these definitions. Well, the social life might disqualify me. Gotta have friends and get out *sometime*.  Anyhow, one of my friends has been converted to this evil I describe below. She's no longer a credible nearly hardcore or informative gamer.

13. You enjoy playing the Sims 2-
Not only do you enjoy it, you purchase every expansion pack and stuff pack and fan pack and who knows what pack. You've spent more money on fancy hairdos and suave chic furnishings than all other game and console purchases combined.

When your friends ask if you'd like to come over for some Mario Kart Wii, you promptly reply, "Sorry. I have to get dinner on the table and make sure my virtual bundles of joy do their homework tonight before bed." ---->  0_0

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Around the Network

What is with Kirby making all this insightful threads lately?
Did he quit drinking?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Ah? that's rol.

Xen said:
Ah? that's rol.

I guess I was too subtle...

Joke FAIL

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
Xen said:
Ah? that's rol.

I guess I was too subtle...

Joke FAIL

Don't worry, us australian posters understood it perfectly.

Rol, what other top 8 threads have you made? Links?

Around the Network

Number 3 and 7 are the only ones that apply to me.

4 ≈ One

I'm guilty of 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 & 8.

I never considered myself a "hardcore" gamer though. It sounds dirty.

Guilty of 6 out of 8.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

RolStoppable said:

There have been many heated discussions on the definition of a "casual gamer" in the last couple of years. I have done intense studies on the subject during this timeframe and today I present you the results.

8. You prefer local multiplayer over online gaming - Everyone knows that you'll find real competition only by playing online against hardcore gamers. If you rather like to play against friends in the same room (usually because they suck at games just like you), this is a sure sign that you are a casual gamer.

7. You buy non-games - Brain Training, Wii Fit and Nintendogs are the best examples. If you happen to own one of these or similar games, you are most likely a casual gamer.

6. You buy games based on sports/movie/TV licenses - Casual gamers like such games, because they don't require them to dive into the realm of true videogame worlds.

5. You buy easy games or games with easy difficulty settings - Real games like Ninja Gaiden and Contra aren't easy and they can kick your ass even on the lowest setting. If you like games that are easy to beat, you are probably casual.

4. You only own one current generation console - Not because you can't afford another, but because you are content with only a handful of games per year or even for the entire generation.

3. You have a social life - If videogames aren't the top priority in your life, you are a casual gamer.

2. You like minigames - Who doesn't? Well, true gamers. Minigames are for people who can't handle epic stories and deep gameplay.

1. You own a Wii - This one is self explanatory.

There are other indicators that someone is a casual gamer, these are just the top 8. Let's see what you can come up with.

i don't qualify for the one i crossed out altough i like the realm of true videogame worlds

Play Me

I'm six of eight. I am so casual.