By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 8 indicators that you are a casual gamer

Is buying a game to just have fun another casual gaming attribute?

Around the Network

8.i prefer local multiplayer,because i can taunt my friends while im kicking there butts(oh and i dont have the right internet)
7.i own viva pinata
6.i own goldeneye(yeah that games is so casual)
5.see number seven
4.i only own one console(my sister lets me play her wii)and im happy with it
3. ihave a huge social life(because i like not sitting in my room on the weekends)
2.go bomberman
1.religion is #1 in my life

Contra isn't hard...

RolStoppable said:
wfz said:
11. You buy games to have fun - Instead of serious gaming, you buy and play games just to have fun.

Nice one, wfz. You are finally getting the hang of it.

See, I knew I could do it if I thought hard enough to make up a point but didn't put enough energy into it to write it all out.

12. You appreciate a good art style for a game, and/or are incapable of telling the difference between 720p and upscaled 640p. Bonus casual points if you can't tell the difference between that and 480p

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Contra isn't hard...

It is to us casual gamers. Take your elitism elsewhere!

Khan brings up a good point. I didn't even realize I was only playing Gears 2 in 480p for a few weeks before my friend told me it wasn't in 1080i (or whatever I have it switched to now). I can't tell the difference between the two when I'm playing the game, and I'm 100% serious.

I'm guilty at 1 and 8, but I'm about to finish Viewtiful Joe in adults difficulty. Am I a casual gamer? =/

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

lol thats funny

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

With point #3, almost everyone would be a casual gamer. A hobby is not a priority in one's life. It's something people do to set themselves at ease. This is how most view gaming.

Point #8 is also questionable. Most times, the people I play online are my cousins when we are all away at school. We play local multiplayer when we're all back on holidays but as you can imagine, we play more through the online system. I won't say i prefer playing online especially because of lag but sometimes, it can't be helped.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

8/8 :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia