By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GIRL has reached the Moon!

Yeah I was just playing it when that video popped up.

I haven't actually tried the moon yet though. I'm still spinning, stretching and eating on earth.

I love the way you can eat the words in the manual.

Around the Network

I think I will just link to my youtube account, people can go in and watch some of the fun that is Noby Noby Boy

http://www.youtube.com/user/Regnfuglen

@Garnett: That's a bit of a shame, there are some truly awesome games on the PSN. Personally, I'd go for many, many of them before I bought Noby Noby Boy; but, having said that, I'm having a -- very surreal -- laugh with it.

As I said, I feel sorry for people how don't have the time, money, inclination, or ability to give it a go. It's just so, well, erm, odd, and, once you get into it, kinda compelling.

@Thatmax: Trust me, it's the same for people who've bought the 'game'.

No coincidence that this happened the day after I downloaded the game. You're welcome, people!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if reaching the moon takes 4 days, shouldn't reaching mars take somewhere around 4 years?

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

This game is trippy, I have a strange urge to play it!

I helped!

@ killergran
The more people play the faster we get there!

Killergran said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if reaching the moon takes 4 days, shouldn't reaching mars take somewhere around 4 years?

Yea, thats what I was wondering.  And after that the distances become even more epic.  I can't imagine that the game is actually to scale.  But I suppose anything is possible.  Our Great-great grandchildren may even get to Jupiter (approx 630 million Kilometers).  I also assume that the game takes the closest points between orbits.

So: distance to moon is approx 382500 Km from earth.  GIRL travels about 100,000 km/day (actually pretty impressive).

Time to reach Mars: taking 56 million Km as Mars's closest point.

56,000,000 / 100,000 = 560 days.  Assuming constant rate of travel. 

Time to reach Jupiter: 630,000,000/100,000 = 6300 days.  Actually only about 17 years.  Again assuming constant rate of travel.

Edit: Mars closest point is actually around 70 Million Km or 700 days at 100,000 km/day.

Nice. Just checked the online stats. You can now see GIRL wound round the Moon with her head moving off into the black. Unfortunately, given I'm ranked about 3,500 just now, it's a long way before I do my circuit about the Moon. I'm only reporting about 1,500m each time I pop over to the space squirrel, so there's little chance I'll be moving uo the rankings any time soon.

Also, while I'm here, any one have any idea how to find the Katamari Prince chappy?

Epoch said:
Killergran said:

Yea, thats what I was wondering.  And after that the distances become even more epic.  I can't imagine that the game is actually to scale.  But I suppose anything is possible.  Our Great-great grandchildren may even get to Jupiter (approx 630 million Kilometers).  I also assume that the game takes the closest points between orbits.

So: distance to moon is approx 382500 Km from earth.  GIRL travels about 100,000 km/day (actually pretty impressive).

Time to reach Mars: taking 56 million Km as Mars's closest point.

56,000,000 / 100,000 = 560 days.  Assuming constant rate of travel. 

Time to reach Jupiter: 630,000,000/100,000 = 6300 days.  Actually only about 17 years.  Again assuming constant rate of travel.

Just so you know, GIRL is currently 397,906,935m long, and her length is made up of the combined total of the reported lengths of every BOY in the world. Much like you suggest, they will either require a hell of a lot of people to download the game to add more length, or the scale will have to be flubbed. Currently, it appears that they intend no flubbing, but I'm sure we'll see.