By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

whatever score it got it will still sell a lot of copies because of the branding.

it makes sense that it would get a mediocre review considering its an rts for the console with a target audience of rts beginners (or at least i assume so). hardcore gamers that have played pc rts games just wouldn't like it all that much.

also, they have to sell more maps later, so of course the opening selection would be slim (maybe they'll make the 3rd race dlc, too).

Around the Network
Criminal916 said:

SHOCK!

They gave Halo 3 9.6!!

The Good

• Superb selection of UNSC and Covenant forces  
  • Easy to play once you grasp the controls  
  • Engaging storyline and cutscenes  
  • Good mission variety through campaign mode.

The Bad

• Covenant not playable in campaign mode, Flood not playable at all  
  • Small unit counts and map limit the scale of battles  
  • Very few multiplayer options.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/halowars/review.html

SHOCK!

DLC will probably cover most of the complaints they have.

Neptune said:
not surprised. The demo was horrible. It looked like a lousy game with the Halo name thrown on it to try and generate sales.

It was one of the best demos ever released in this generation.

It had huge replayablity.

@all the GameSpot believers.

Why hate on Halo Wars, when this review gave the game the lowest score. Look at IGN they gave Halo Wars a 8.2

IGN US a 8.4 and IGN AU even a 9.0.

You should all check more reviews and not only one.

The average score for Halo Wars is above 80% at the moment and it will stay above that mark.

kutasek said:
Dammit, MS is running out of funds to support buying review scores.

^5 Win

I still have to play the demo.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I release a tear because I would have really wanted to play it on my PC (coming from Ensemble and all).

It's still getting decent scores and I wouldn't count Gamespot as a review souce I actively look for. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see how they'll bash Killzone 2 :P

Halo Wars getting a 6.5. Killzone 2 getting a 7. All the games people are looking forward to are turning out like crap I guess.

JaggedSac said:
Halo Wars getting a 6.5. Killzone 2 getting a 7. All the games people are looking forward to are turning out like crap I guess.

The mention of Killzone in this thread is a bit of a deflection.  Did Gamespot send you a copy of their Killzone 2 review because I can't seem to find it online.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

JaggedSac said:

KZ2 has a 92 metascore. That's not a 7 =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Yes, but Killzone 2 got a 7 from Edge. That's where I believe JaggedSac is coming from.