By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

I hate it when journalists give a low score just because they personaly didnt like the game...

I freaking hate halo.. But this is a well made game, you can see the developers really put a lot into making it "halo like". CO-OP looks fun. This game is easily an +8

same with edges killzone2's 7/10 xD

PSN = vic_haste

Around the Network

Not being able to play as both sides in the conflict is a big minus for any RTS.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

IllegalPaladin said:
Yes, but Killzone 2 got a 7 from Edge. That's where I believe JaggedSac is coming from.

You sir, are correct.

Bitmap Frogs said:
JaggedSac said:
Halo Wars getting a 6.5. Killzone 2 getting a 7. All the games people are looking forward to are turning out like crap I guess.

KZ2 has a 92 metascore. That's not a 7 =)

And Halo Wars has an 82 metascore, that is not a 6.5 =)

Both the 6.5 and 7 are currently the lowest review scores for the respective games.

JaggedSac said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
JaggedSac said:
Halo Wars getting a 6.5. Killzone 2 getting a 7. All the games people are looking forward to are turning out like crap I guess.

KZ2 has a 92 metascore. That's not a 7 =)

And Halo Wars has an 82 metascore, that is not a 6.5 =)

Both the 6.5 and 7 are currently the lowest review scores for the respective games.

Wait, so this is a thread blabbering about the lowest review the game has seen? Kind of crummy.

Hah, it's gamespot. Too bad they can't blame Mr. 6.5 Fair since they fired him.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
kylohk said:
Not being able to play as both sides in the conflict is a big minus for any RTS.

But only in the campaign. In skirmish you can play both sides.

The new studio might make a Covenant DLC. That would be so awesome.

Yes, but campaign modes in RTS games should be used to let the player see the both sides of the story.

You can't have a C&C RTS where you only play as GDI, no matter how evil the Brotherhood of Nod is. You should be able to witness how Nod ends up messing up the world by beating its campaign, even if it will not end up canon by the next iteration.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Games that score a 6 can be enjoyed by fans. For instance I enjoyed the matrix games and they only scored around 6 and 7. So I think many Halo fans will be able to enjoy it. Though, I don't think RTS is a very popular genre, or as popular than that of the FPS. Having said that though, it's 82/100 on Metacritic at the moment - that's pretty good, and I think that might attract some of the Halo fans to it, and may make the RTS genre more popular.

kylohk said:
Yes, but campaign modes in RTS games should be used to let the player see the both sides of the story.

You can't have a C&C RTS where you only play as GDI, no matter how evil the Brotherhood of Nod is. You should be able to witness how Nod ends up messing up the world by beating its campaign, even if it will not end up canon by the next iteration.

Sure, but RTS games are focused on online play.

Similar to most FPS.

That is certainly lower than I thought. Meh, still getting the game.