By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

Rei said:
Gamespot did it again! 1st it was 7.0 to Fear 2. that's pretty interesting how their opinion differes from IGN and other big sites recently.

They're not getting enough moneyhats. Damn economic crisis

Around the Network

hmm didn't think it would be this bad but it should still sell well.... but if more reviewers give low scores consider it "HAZED"

-Newcloud- said:
hmm didn't think it would be this bad but it should still sell well.... but if more reviewers give low scores consider it "HAZED"

So 6.5 is a low score now? I thought it was a "decent" score.

I have to admit, that is quite a bit lower than I expected, I thought it'd be in the 8's most places (it might still be though)!

They are just getting ready for the Starcraft 2 release, hopefully late in 2009.

Most of those sites rating Halo Wars at 8.5 are going to give Starcraft 2 a 9 or a 10 and then make us believe SC2 is vastly superior to any RTS, at least Gamestop score allows for a much better SC2 score :P

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Ehhh, my prediction was an 80% or above average on Metacritic (Currently 82 with 26 reviews) and GameRankings, and it looks like it will manage that. To receive an 80% or above average for a console RTS is an amazing accomplishment, and a must buy for any Halo fan.

That's Harsh! lol poor Halo wars....
We'll see what the game really like soon. I believe it worth more than a 6.5.
how much did that 50 cents game got lol

Damn I really wanted this to be a good game.
But if there's anything I learned it's don't trust reviews.

this officially becomes a massive bloody joke when Claude mentions journalists getting fired over review scores. Welcome to the machine (of lies and distorting biased 360 reviews)

Well maybe its not that great. They are giving it away for free in Australia which certainly means something.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

not surprised. The demo was horrible. It looked like a lousy game with the Halo name thrown on it to try and generate sales.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)