By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

disolitude said:

Seriously though...demo is out...play it, if you enjoy it, buy the game. Don't give gamespot, IGN or anyne esle the power to influence you which games to buy.

Im getting Halo Wars day 1.

I plan on picking it up as well.  The demo was fun and the CG scenes were well done.  Maybe expansions or sequels will have a covenant and/or flood campaign; similar to what is being done with Starcraft 2.  Based on the demo, I would have given it a 8-8.5/10 myself, perhaps more since it is actually a well done console RTS.

Around the Network

I think Rts just won't work on consoles.Looka at Supreme Commander,Comman and conquers and other sales at consoles.
Jprg:s on consoles.
Rts:s on Pc.
This won't change.

Lovely lovely say that you love me...

Ouch. That is a low score for a Halo game.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I played the demo, it deserves higher I think, but I would have liked it soooooooooooooo much more had it been on PC. Strategy + console = Not for me

Around the Network

Again this is the reason Metacritic and the like exist. This is one score and is only of interest in being the lowest score offered to date. Generally the review scores are very favourable.

I have played the demo and on the basis of the demo the game impressed. I am not a big Halo fan still not purchased the last instalment although still meaning too but currently I would probably pick this up first.

What was interesting up until this review is that both the lowest scoring reviews for Killzone 2 and Halo wars was the 7/10 given by Edge. Also worth noting is that GameSpot have not posted a review yet for Killzone 2 or at the least it has not been picked up by Metacritic, I wonder why they would not review Killzone 2?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Zomb1337 said:
The demo was awesome....best RTS I have ever played no dobut. Controls were amazing, easy to learn and intuitive, and you dont have to worry about choping trees, or mining oil....just set up a building, and resources start to be collected. Halo Wars Demo is 9/10 for me. I just hope online play is fun as well.

Have you not played much RTS games on PCs, or are you a Halo fanatic?  Or, were you saying best RTS on a console ever.

Compared to PCs, the controls here are functional.  PC is still superior.  A mouse and minimap work better.

Anyhow, in regards to the review, the game DOES enable way points.  It isn't obvious, but there.  Did they take waypoints out of the game since releasing the demo?  Waypoints were in the demo, just not visible on the map.

It got 'Hazed' .. Almost XD

Haze got a 6.0 this got a 6.5

Can it really be that...... .. bad...?

And to do think that Gerstmann got fired for giving a measely Eidos game a similar score.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Aldro said:
It got 'Hazed' .. Almost XD

Haze got a 6.0 this got a 6.5

Can it really be that...... .. bad...?

lol "it got 'Hazed'"