By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

I understand where they're coming from.
Covenant not playable in campaign? Bah! I thought they would be playable!
Based on the demo I played, I don't think it should get 6.5/10.
I would have given it a 7 atleast.
But yeah, I didn't play the full game so I guess this will just be a rental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

They want to be more hard core than Edge magazine! Since Edge gave Halo Wars a 7 they need to go lower.

Doesn't matter, the general consensus is far higher

nojustno said:

i thought the general consensus was something like .8/10 or something?  wasn't that the user reviews average on metacritic or something.

De85 said:
V-r0cK said:
ohhh thats not good for Halo fans. but its decent. =P ..im sure for some it'll be fun, like a love / hate thing.

No, the true Halo fans will still get it regardless.  It's bad for the game because gamespot is one of the bigger sites out there and this could turn off some fence-sitters, but hey, it's a console RTS.  Some low scores were to be expected.

Well i wouldnt be suprised if Halo Wars was actually really good. I tend to believe that Gamespot gives lower scores to most games anyways.  And im sure none of us rely only on one source of review to determine our choice of games either.

Around the Network

Damn thats harsh....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

irstupid said:
nojustno said:

i thought the general consensus was something like .8/10 or something?  wasn't that the user reviews average on metacritic or something.

that's the consensus of butthurt fanboys

I'm talking about this

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59305&page=1

V-r0cK said:
De85 said:
V-r0cK said:
ohhh thats not good for Halo fans. but its decent. =P ..im sure for some it'll be fun, like a love / hate thing.

No, the true Halo fans will still get it regardless.  It's bad for the game because gamespot is one of the bigger sites out there and this could turn off some fence-sitters, but hey, it's a console RTS.  Some low scores were to be expected.

Well i wouldnt be suprised if Halo Wars was actually really good. I tend to believe that Gamespot gives lower scores to most games anyways.  And im sure none of us rely only on one source of review to determine our choice of games either.

if it's in the persons favor they will waste no time using that as an example.  Like if a game reviews well and sells shitty, they whip out reviews.  if a game sells amazing and has shitty reviews, bam reviews get thrown in face of the person saying a good game.  

The easiest to see is like Wiimusic, you can have people throw in a 5/10 or somethign and someone else throwing in an A- as a review.  lol  gota love how biased reviews are.  Aren't reviewers supposed to review a game based on how the game plays, it's faults, and so on instead of being pissed at dev for making this game and not a PFS zelda that talks and the princess has FF size boobs.

I don't see why not being able to play as the Covenant in the campaign is a deal breaker for them; you couldn't choose your civilization in Age of Empires' campagins, you followed set stories. If you wanted to choose then you'd have to choose skirmish or multiplayer. Same thing here. :\

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

mysticD said:
They want to be more hard core than Edge magazine! Since Edge gave Halo Wars a 7 they need to go lower.

Hey any type of contraversy is good, be it good or bad. Stars do it all the time, look at Paris Hilton.

I never even knew Edge existed till a couple of weeks ago. Now I check the site out.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence