By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

@RPG

that argument shams put forward is moot when a new IP (WKC) can sell more than SO 4 in its first week.

lol shams didn;t do any research

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

darth - so still has a chance. it only needs about 76k more sales to tie wkc.

Wow great first day for Star oean 4, first week 180k.

Dead rising didnt do so good.

Just for comparison - previous Idolmaster game sold 19,000 copies on day one, so this one more than quadrupled its sales.

AliveFE said:
this will turns things around in Japan for the 360

Nah.

So, any of you jap observers, first day 130k turns out how much into LTD for a typical jrpg? I'm wondering if this one can beat Blue Dragon's 200k.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

SO4 should easily reach WKC numbers but an established IP vs new IP is not fair at all. Ryu Ga Gokotu 3 vs SO4 would be a better comparison and we all know how that one is going to pan out.

I will let the WKC vs SO4 comparison slide by this time due to the install bases.

@Bitmap Frogs SO4 will overtake Blue Dragon no problem, basically WKC numbers

@ RPG, but how many Xbox 360 gamers will have played Star Ocean games before?

^ are you talking about the 360 one that was highest ranked 360 title on this site

The better comparison will be SO3 vs. SO4 globally, not just Japan. Sony fans can pine on and on about how SO4 would have done on PS3, but they forget that Square, and the other developers need to have a global outlook. And since Star Ocean is one of their better global IPs, it needs to be on a Western-friendly system, which the PS3 is certainly the lesser of the 2.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Munkeh111 said:
@ RPG, but how many Xbox 360 gamers will have played Star Ocean games before?

Most of them, no reason they did not own a PS2 before.