By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

*~Onna76~* said:

Star Ocean III sold nearly 400.000 in its first week and 1.2 million in a lifetime in Japan. This game will never hit not even sell half of that. But only anti Sony fans find that hard to believe, as usual.

1.2 million LTD is worldwide, mate.

Around the Network

Square Enix is now probably debating if they should make a 360 port of FFXIII for Japan and squeeze a few hundred k more sales.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

^ i actually would think they wonder if they should make a ps3 port of so4...

dolemit3 said:
Square Enix is now probably debating if they should make a 360 port of FFXIII for Japan and squeeze a few hundred k more sales.

Why not think about putting SO4 on PS3 to squeeze out a few hundred K more sales as well?

Edit - Awww... Max beat me to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
dolemit3 said:

Why not think about putting SO4 on PS3 to squeeze out a few hundred K more sales as well?

Edit - Awww... Max beat me to it.

If it would get released next year, then they should just forget about it. I don´t see how they could release it on PS3 in less than a year if they haven´t been working on the conversion so far though.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
^ i actually would think they wonder if they should make a ps3 port of so4...

Too late for that one, day 1 release of both versions seems to be the best way to do it, just look at SF 4 sales.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

not bad sales for dead rising - should make 10-12k first week which is quite good for almost 3 year old port of 360 game.

Onna76 you DO realize that when SO3 hit the market there was 12mln ps2 in japan?

RPG - about your bet. Yakuza usually has long legs but i think this one will be more front loaded and shorter life.

zack and dolmit... exactly. something weve been calling se stupid for for months now

Star Ocean 3 had a 400K opening week (dunno bout 1st day)......So4 won't cross 200K in its 1st week

just AWFUL sales for SO4 franchise wise

BUT

Amazing sales as a 360 game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Star Ocean 3 had a 400K opening week (dunno bout 1st day)......So4 won't cross 200K in its 1st week

just AWFUL sales for SO4 franchise wise

BUT

Amazing sales as a 360 game

exactly what i said but i was called angry lol. i looked all around for so3 first day couldnt find it. best i could find was 600k first shipment