By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

Max King of the Wild said:
fulcizombie said:
Decent for SO4. SO3 did a total of 550k for the ps2 (with the huge userbase) so if SO4 can do around half of that it won't be a total waste for square (making it a 360 exclusive that is) .

The low supply is quite disappointing....

since when do devs want to see their games recieve lower sales? also first week for that game was 400k. then you have the other SO with over 700k lt ... yeah 130k is great for a 360 title but awful for SO. why would se be happy? and low supply? 80% of 165k is 130k... there are still 35k copies out there. yes another shipment is in order but 35k (some games have this as first week shipments) is still a good amount which someone eho wants the game should find it. (unlike something like demons souls which sold 80% for 30 or 40k)

Since there is no console with the userbase of the ps2. Selling half of what the last game of the franchise did on the ps2, on the 360, is not bad at all no matter for how long you hold your breath (judging by the anger and frustration of your posts).

Around the Network
thread id 54494 about 15 comments in. check it out yourself. im on my ps3 or id copy and paste

Yep, you're right. Looks like a typo to me, tbh, since I do explain it later on with 70/107, which is some 65% first day sales.  I was wrong anyway. Didn't it sell 200k first week?

That is a lot of sales for a 360 title in Japan, I wonder if we will see a record hardware sales for the week? Does anybody know what its best week ever is?

Dead Rising Wii didn't sell a lot of units, but most likely the sales are perfectly in line with the amount of effort Capcom put into the game.

Good bloody job star ocean 4!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

BengaBenga said:
thread id 54494 about 15 comments in. check it out yourself. im on my ps3 or id copy and paste

Yep, you're right. Looks like a typo to me, tbh, since I do explain it later on with 70/107, which is some 65% first day sales.  I was wrong anyway. Didn't it sell 200k first week?

207,324 according to VGChartz.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Eh just wait until next week with Yakuza 3, will make SO4 and WKC numbers look pathetic. The demo was awesome as well so that will only add sales, not that it needs any more help with a high Famitsu score as well as large advertising.

RPG said:
Eh just wait until next week with Yakuza 3, will make SO4 and WKC numbers look pathetic. The demo was awesome as well so that will only add sales, not that it needs any more help with a high Famitsu score as well as large advertising.

I don't know, Kenzan sold about 100k copies on its first day, I don't think Yakuza 3 will sell more than 150k copies in its first day.

Hey, I just remember; didn't the Source say that Star Ocean had more pre-orders than Resident Evil 5? That could become quite the dissapointing RE5 opening then.

spin off<<<<<<<<<

Kenzan was set well before any of the flag ship games and was a completely different experience, Rya Ga Gokotu 3 is more of the same and will do great.

If so BengaBenga then nothing shocking about that, series is nothing but a shooter now however you are probably mistaken with SF4.

Kenzan did 170k first week according to this site, Yakuza 3 will tear that number apart and SO4 barely beating that shows how big Yakuza actually is.

Star Ocean III sold nearly 400.000 in its first week and 1.2 million in a lifetime in Japan. This game will never hit not even sell half of that. But only anti Sony fans find that hard to believe, as usual.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo