By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

Munkeh111 said:
@ RPG, but how many Xbox 360 gamers will have played Star Ocean games before?

a fairly good amount considering alot of 360 owners also own a ps3 who probably owned ps and ps2 and nes

Around the Network

It's good to see that fanboys are already around for a damage control.

The argument is pointless though. Shinji Hashimoto (producer of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, by the way) has already said that SE will continue to support X360 in Japan. That means that either they are happy with perfomance of their titles on 360 or MS pays them much more than we could assume (not to mention that Namco said they are happy with ToV sales aswell)

Either way, their strategy works.

@mrstickball

we don't want it exclusive....multiplat...thats all.

n the 360 isn't always the best bet WW.....remember Tomb Raider

we are not "pining" either

on the other hand you seem to be "ignoring" its poor japanese sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^ is that way ToV got pulled?

130K was expected from me, SO4 is the biggest JRPG to date to hit the 360.

I'm definitely buying it, along with WKC (for PS3 of course) :P

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ RPG, but how many Xbox 360 gamers will have played Star Ocean games before?

a fairly good amount considering alot of 360 owners also own a ps3 who probably owned ps and ps2 and nes

What what? Your source on that, please.

@RPG: really? finally! It's both amazing and sad that nothing has topped out BD since it released in 2006.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@Rei

Namco said "we are happy with TOV sales" yet then they discontinued it right

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
The better comparison will be SO3 vs. SO4 globally, not just Japan. Sony fans can pine on and on about how SO4 would have done on PS3, but they forget that Square, and the other developers need to have a global outlook. And since Star Ocean is one of their better global IPs, it needs to be on a Western-friendly system, which the PS3 is certainly the lesser of the 2.

ok, 130k down 1.2 million to go to tie sales.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rei

Namco said "we are happy with TOV sales" yet then they discontinued it right

Yet they are going to bring it in Europe.

Rei said:

It's good to see that fanboys are already around for a damage control.

The argument is pointless though. Shinji Hashimoto (producer of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, by the way) has already said that SE will continue to support X360 in Japan. That means that either they are happy with perfomance of their titles on 360 or MS pays them much more than we could assume (not to mention that Namco said they are happy with ToV sales aswell)

Either way, their strategy works.

Good to see someone else has entered this thread to add some fuel to the fire.

SO4 not going multi-plat is by far the most retarded decision made by SE this generation, PS3 would have taken care of Japan sales and both WW sales. Versus on 360 should happen but if it did stay exclusive the PS3 would still be able to do a million first week in Japan, let alone WW.

It's like people saying the 360 will get its own exclusive FF game, now that would take SE retardation to a whole new level.