By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

mrstickball said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dianko said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dianko said:
I love the shit talking on SO4. Didn't it outsell day 1 of the last game in the series (the PSP one)?

you mean the remake? on a handheld... even if it wasnt a remake it would have been spin off and still on a hand held.

Didn't know it was a remake. However, this is Japan we're talking about it. Being on a handheld, even the PSP, is an advantage if anything.

i have never plsayed SO so i dont know if the stories are tied together for the sequels but i was more getting to the point that if its on a handheld it would be a spinoff

All Star Oceans take place in the same general timeline of events - like Phantasy Star (pre-PSO) did. Star Ocean has never had a spinoff, only remakes.

It's called Star Ocean Blue Sphere, and it's quite excellent too.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Star Scream said:
Shining Force day one comparison:

2005-03:PS2「Shining Force Neo」- 32k
2007-01:PS2「Shining Force Exa」- 55k
2007-05:PS2「Shining Wind」- 57k
2009-02:NDS「Shining Force Feather」- 19k

That is an absolutely terrible comparison. I shall modify the list for genre, and then you tell me which one seems slightly out of place. ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, SRPG. Which of those genres is more niche, and sells less? It has done fairly well for a SRPG imo. The series is known for being a suckfest in recent years, but also a completely different style of game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Star Scream said:
Shining Force day one comparison:

2005-03:PS2「Shining Force Neo」- 32k
2007-01:PS2「Shining Force Exa」- 55k
2007-05:PS2「Shining Wind」- 57k
2009-02:NDS「Shining Force Feather」- 19k

That is an absolutely terrible comparison. I shall modify the list for genre, and then you tell me which one seems slightly out of place. ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, SRPG. Which of those genres is more niche, and sells less? It has done fairly well for a SRPG imo. The series is known for being a suckfest in recent years, but also a completely different style of game.

But it was Sinobi's comparison, not mine...

フライトプランの2作はDS「シャイニングフォース フェザー」が約1.9万本、
PS2「セイクリッド・ブレイズ」が約1.4万本。
フライトプランの手掛けたPS2タイトルと、
ここ最近発売された「シャイニング」シリーズの初日実績は以下の通り。

2005年03月:PS2「シャイニング・フォース ネオ」3.2万本
2007年01月:PS2「シャイニング・フォース イクサ」5.5万本
2007年05月:PS2「シャイニング・ウインド」5.7万本

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

great job star ocean 4, cant wait to play this game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Star Scream said: 

But it was Sinobi's comparison, not mine...

フライトプランの2作はDS「シャイニングフォース フェザー」が約1.9万本、
PS2「セイクリッド・ブレイズ」が約1.4万本。
フライトプランの手掛けたPS2タイトルと、
ここ最近発売された「シャイニング」シリーズの初日実績は以下の通り。

2005年03月:PS2「シャイニング・フォース ネオ」3.2万本
2007年01月:PS2「シャイニング・フォース イクサ」5.5万本
2007年05月:PS2「シャイニング・ウインド」5.7万本

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

Ok, so it is Sinobi's terrible comparison. How does that make any difference at all? Admittedly I am quick to defend the game as I love SRPGs, and the Shining Force series in particular. Stillthe comparison is a bad one. It makes the game seem like it is doing very bad by comparing it to games that will naturally sell more.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Eh you HD console fans enjoy the love your getting from Japanese devs because after Yakuza 3 there is RE5 and that is it. FF due coming who knows when and some other Capcom games but that is your lot. I do find it amusing that the HD consoles get such a surge and then nothing.

I await for the one game I purchased my PS3 for though, patiently. -__-

not really surprising. Just exactly what anyone with a right mind can expect...

Yakuza3 will sell bigger

shocking....good 4 m$....first week 190k....LTD 265k maximum

lol @ square

WOW, amazing sales for SO4!

360>PS3 this week?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
WOW, amazing sales for SO4!

360>PS3 this week?

With the way Wii sales have been, I'd say it's almost a certainty that it'll be 360>Wii this week.