By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

SO2 did more than 700k LTD and SO3 more than 500K. I doubt that SO4 will make it... So yeah, that's an "only" for me.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
SO2 did more than 700k LTD and SO3 more than 500K. I doubt that SO4 will make it... So yeah, that's an "only" for me.

Lord I sure hope not. You know how absolutely pathetic 360 fans would make PS2/PS1 fans look if it even gets half those sales? 

Selling 130k in one day is spectacular on a console with less then a million sold in that area. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Exactly, 130k in Japan IS AMAZING for a game on an american console!

Good Job Microsoft and Square!!!

My Gaming Setup

Tremble said:

This is pathetic .....

Tremble said:

Then according to your logic almost all the ps3 games have bombed since they have done less than their predecessors ? :O)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
Soriku said:

@Cactus and Bitmap

But ToS: DotNW was a spin off. ToV was a main series. ToS: DotNW still outsold ToV, and it definitely costed less too. I think we'll see with Tales of Ten how much a main Tales game can sell on the Wii. Since ToT is being made by Team Destiny most likely, I expect big sales because Team Destiny's games sell A LOT in Japan (I think their lowest selling game was over 600k).

Anyway, as people have said, good SW for the 360 but not that good for the series.

I agree about waiting for the next Tales, but the point I was trying to make is that it's useless for whoever I was quoting to say that the Wii could sell craploads of jRPGs right now since we don't have an example of that happening yet. Will it in the future? Probably. That doesn't mean it can be used right now as a comparison to show how "bad" the 360 sales are.

Soriku said:

@Cactus and Bitmap

But ToS: DotNW was a spin off. ToV was a main series. ToS: DotNW still outsold ToV, and it definitely costed less too. I think we'll see with Tales of Ten how much a main Tales game can sell on the Wii. Since ToT is being made by Team Destiny most likely, I expect big sales because Team Destiny's games sell A LOT in Japan (I think their lowest selling game was over 600k).

Anyway, as people have said, good SW for the 360 but not that good for the series.

Yeah, that's why I said the most sensible path would be to develop with the wii in mind, and simultaneously release 360/ps3 versions with the same art assets, just higher render resolution. But that'd mean jap devs would need something like Framework or Crystal Tools and that's a lot of $$ to develop that kind of solutions and it's way too late into the cycle to do it.

Anyways, we'll always have the DS and the PSP, right? ;)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Not bad for SO: The Last Hope. I think I predicted about 150k first week so I'm in the ball park. But can't remember where that prediction thread went haha. 360 hardware sales should see a noticeable boost.

Nice to see this should be the biggest opener for the 360 which is not all that surprising. Largest install base it's had coming off a "better" holiday season with a well established brand catered to the Japanese. Both sides should be happy.

Comparatively in the series, of course it won't hit what they did but it seems a large amount of the fanbase had a 360 and was able to get the title. Or new to the series guys bought it. Hard to tell. But considering the 360's install base is a little less than a million it does pretty well comparatively.

lol
@Microsoft - Looks like money CAN buy you love! 130000 is awesome first day sales, I am surprised!

Soriku said:

@Cactus and Bitmap

I think we forget that ToS2 was still the first 'next-gen' Tales to come out, and may have got a boost fron adopters looking for the first Tales, rather than the non-Spinoff. I believe there were a few posts about that exact thing - Japanese gamers grumbling about being unable to buy Vesperia since ToS came out on another system first. I think that if the launches weren't so close, or we flipped around the release dates, sales may be an entirely different story.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.