By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

O.o

Around the Network
RPG said:
Eh you HD console fans enjoy the love your getting from Japanese devs because after Yakuza 3 there is RE5 and that is it. FF due coming who knows when and some other Capcom games but that is your lot. I do find it amusing that the HD consoles get such a surge and then nothing.

I await for the one game I purchased my PS3 for though, patiently. -__-

Well, Koei still have a lot of stuff coming out, Musou Orochi Z gets released the week after RE5, then a couple of niche games in April, with Shin Sangoku Musou 5: Empires releasing in May.

Great news for Microsoft.

But amazing indeed,

go go MS, if Sonya said they already 21, then MS said they already 30 mil.

great SO4 sales performance.

fulcizombie said:
SO3 did 550k lifetime on the freaking ps2 and some people are acting like it's dragon quest or final fantasy . SO4 would have sold 100k more on the ps3 at most , lifetime . I mean WKC has sold what 300k ?? As for the " it's a new IP" excuse , WKC is a big budget rpg and where is it written that a new IP can't sell more than an established second rate franchise (like SO is )?? If that was the case gears wouldn't have raped every ps3 exclusive , in terms of sales , MGS4 included .

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

@ RPG

Hey, this is a hint. Google White Engine. It was made for PS3 and they re-tooled to work with Wii and 360 and called it Crystal Tools.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

congrats to SO! I look forward to playing this game.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

If those numbers are true that is stunning. Considering White Knight Chronicles sold 100k 1st day and Valkyria Chronicles sold 70k in its 1st week this should easily be the biggest opening for a rpg in Japan. The fact that it's going to be a 360 game is mind boggling. The 360 could see a huge sales spike this week then.

Hyruken said:
If those numbers are true that is stunning. Considering White Knight Chronicles sold 100k 1st day and Valkyria Chronicles sold 70k in its 1st week this should easily be the biggest opening for a rpg in Japan. The fact that it's going to be a 360 game is mind boggling. The 360 could see a huge sales spike this week then.

WKC sold 132k first day, not 100k.

Hyruken said:

WKC sold 132k first day, 203k first week. I doubt SO4 will beat that. The most frontloaded games in Japan are RPGs, established franchises, or on consoles with a low installed base. This game is a combination of all three, so expect it to be heavily frontloaded.

OT: Maybe I'll pick up a 360 with this game tomorrow, does the JP version also have English, or should I wait for the NA release?

Jai93485 said:
Hyruken said:

WKC sold 132k first day, not 100k.

I thought that 132k was proved to be actually "around 100k"?

Having just googled it to see a lot of people/sites have it at 100k. 

EDIT: i see the problem. Your quoting Famitsu's numbers where as i was looking at media Create numbers which were said to be 130k. So i was getting confused. Either way considering there are only 900k or so 360's in Japan matching sales of a console with nearly a 3 to 1 user base is pretty good.