By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Strongly considering selling my Wii; is it really worth keeping?

just sell it

Around the Network

While the PS3 beats the Wii in many genres platformers seem more to be on personal preference. PS3 has Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet. The Wii has Super Paper Mario, Wario Land Shake It, and Super Mario Galaxy(which you don't like). There are also quite a few smaller ones and multiplats on both consoles, but those are just the big ones. After listing these it is generally your opinion on the series and games that will tell you which is the best for platformers. This is without taking in consideration Virtual Console/Wii Ware/PSN/Gamecube/PS2/PS1 games.

As for the other genres there are many games for the Wii in just about all of those. I don't feel like listing them because if you really want to keep your wii you will research yourself(which isn't hard at all).

Platformers

Super Mario Galaxy is the best of the generation.
Tons of great stuff on VC

JRPG's

Should be quite a bit in 2009 - click the link in my sig to take you to promising 2009 games

Action-Adventure

Zelda is great
There will be another Zelda

Fighting games

Brawl is amazing
Quite a few around here like the Castlevania fighting game
New Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles fighting game is from the makers of Brawl

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

If you like platformers at all, selling a Wii is the worst thing you could do. The Wii is the best system ever made for platformers. The VC has the best platformers from 8 or 9 consoles (depending on your territory), and it has 100% backwards compatibility with every GC platformer, not to mention every new Wii platformer. That gives you 10-11 systems in one tiny white box. And you're looking for platformers?

Platformers -- VC, Super Paper Mario
JRPG's - VC, GC, Dragon Quest 10
Action-Adventure -- Zelda, Okami, No More Heroes, VC
Fighting games -- Brawl, VC

Soriku said:
@Ghost

DQ 10 actually...

when did Dragon Quest 9 come out?

Around the Network

I don't know what the hell I was thinking.  I thought the DS one was 8 or something.  Crap. Fixed it.

EDIT:

@g-value: 9's on DS and 10's on Wii.  Neither are out yet, but both have been announced.

DQ 9 is coming out this year... DQ X was already announced for the wii

You said MadWorld looked like shit.

So just give it to somebody who matters.

Yes, just for the next Zelda game!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I'd say wait till the end of this year (it's a safe bet the demand isn't going down any time soon and if you sell it during christmas you get the most for it) but really if you're not happy with whats on the Wii after this year then there's no hope for you I believe :P

You have things like:

MadWorld
The Conduit
House of the Dead
Sonic and the Black Knight
TMNT Smash Up
New Zelda this year hopefully
New Nintendo stuff
Let's tap
and a huge list of other titles coming so just looking around will help

So yeah play a few of the great 2009 games if you don't like them then w/e the Wii isn't for you I guess lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000