By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sixaxis a mistake?

While I'm seeing Killzone 2 utilize the Sixaxis in creative ways (especially with sniping. As explosions will shake the Dualshoke 3, and in the process your aim will be off), for the most part I'm seeing the same gimmicky uses that I never use.

Does anyone think that Sony would have been better off spending whatever R&D money they used on the Sixaxis, and the money it costs to implement that feature for other things?

Around the Network

I think that sixaxis was a mistake, I've only liked using sixaxis once. That was in heavenly sword, other than that. I often forgot it was even there. I hope sony can put together a more effective method of motion control in the next generation.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

I don't think the Sixaxis cost that much. Didn't they just buy that technology from someone?

I'd perfer PS3 games not use motion controls though.

That's what my Wii is for.  I don't need a half assed version.

In GTA your trying to control the helicopter with sixaxis. But always when you get in trouble you'll fall back on the normal sticks, and that's where it gets messy. But reloading is cool.

Yes, it's actually made of fail.

It was too light. It didn't have rumble. I've still yet to play a game with good SIXAXIS controls. The triggers are a pain because your fingers slip off them.

It's stupid obvious it was a half assed attempt to one up Nintendo and it just failed miserably. Luckily the DS3 fixes the first two problems.

Around the Network

people saying the motion controls are just a gimmick...whats your opinion on the wii then!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I don't really care much. If there was none, I would have been just fine. However, I enjoy having it for games like Motorstorm, WipEout HD, and Warhawk. These games can feature extensive use of the motion controls, and it makes them pretty fun. There are also some other games that have more minor usage of the SIXAXIS controls that I thought turned out pretty well. So, it isn't wasted, imo, because I've had a lot of fun with it, but I wouldn't be sad if it wasn't there.

sixaxis works fine when used properly.........it was never meant to be the main conrol system, its more like an addon.......heavenly sword has great sixaxis support as so does flower and flow.........so to keep sixaxis as an addon for when ever a game needs them is good imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Underutilized. Warhawk and Ratchet and Clank used it well. Lair and Go Sports Ski make me suicidal with them. It could still be a worthwile feature if used properly. It should come with a voucher for Sixaxis controlled minigames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

colonelstubbs said:
people saying the motion controls are just a gimmick...whats your opinion on the wii then!?

From Dictionary.com -

verb (used with object)

5. to equip or embellish with unnecessary features, esp. in order to increase salability, acceptance, etc. (often fol. by up): to gimmick up a sports car with chrome and racing stripes.

The Reason I point this is out is because sony equiped the sixaxis controllers with the unnessessary function of sixaxis in order to increase its acceptance and salability. Where the wii absolutely REQUIRES motion controls. Its absolutely nessessary for the Wii to have motion controls this generation, if it didn't have motion controls and the hardware it has? It would definately be 3rd place this generation. Where sony doesn't need the motion controls, but they threw it on there as a gimmick!

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?