Forums - Sony Discussion - Sixaxis a mistake?

I think the six-axis is fucking awesome :P If used as an enhancer, and not the main feature, it's a fantastic set-up. The games that have utilized it well have been a real treat to experience. The controller wasn't meant to be fully motion based, and as long as games keep utilizing it when they feel it's appropriate (not just slap it on to say you have sixaxis control), I'm all for it ^_^

Sixaxis REALLY helped you feel like the wind with Flower, and guiding arrows in heavenly sword was just fantastic! And the uses for it in Ratchet and clank were totally badass! It really does increase the dept of these games in my opinion.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

i like it when used properly and optional the only game i didn't like it was in lair

best use so far: Folklore, it was magnificent. Really immersed you in the game, balancing, pulling, twisting. Awesome!

Honorable mention: NBA 2k8, can't believe they took it out! It was great for freethrows, especially shaq. Heavenly Sword also, pretty neat.

Worst: Lair and GTA 4(helicopter). I hate when they use it solely as the control scheme. It should only be used to give you that extra tilt.

They should have used it how it was supposed to be used. The reasoning for putting sixaxis functionality in was this, "Remember when you are playing a racing game and you tilt you controller to give you that extra tilt around the corner? Well imagine that it actually does."

IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN USED AS FULL CONTROL. If I could tilt it and it gives me a little extra drift or something, awesome.

Killzone looks promising with regards to sixaxis, opening doors sniping and whatnot. That's how it should be used. Perfect

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

The sixaxis doesn't feel good as the dualshock 2.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Sixaxis is a joke, a gimmick, They try to do the same things than nintendo...

Around the Network

No. Some games use it quite well. Folklore is an awesome example.

4 ≈ One

sly777 said:
Sixaxis is a joke, a gimmick, They try to do the same things than nintendo...

The Wii is a joke, a gimmick.   They should just discontinue it. 

the controller blows in general. That is why I took it apart to form a far superior controller: half controller, half digimon.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

trying to take away wii's thunder while Nintendo's storm was brewing, the sixaxis was never meant to be utilized in games

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
trying to take away wii's thunder while Nintendo's storm was brewing, the sixaxis was never meant to be utilized in games

except you are 100% wrong because it was utilized and very well.