By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sixaxis a mistake?

The sixaxis doesn't feel good as the dualshock 2.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Sixaxis is a joke, a gimmick, They try to do the same things than nintendo...

No. Some games use it quite well. Folklore is an awesome example.

4 ≈ One

sly777 said:
Sixaxis is a joke, a gimmick, They try to do the same things than nintendo...

The Wii is a joke, a gimmick.   They should just discontinue it. 

the controller blows in general. That is why I took it apart to form a far superior controller: half controller, half digimon.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

trying to take away wii's thunder while Nintendo's storm was brewing, the sixaxis was never meant to be utilized in games

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
trying to take away wii's thunder while Nintendo's storm was brewing, the sixaxis was never meant to be utilized in games

except you are 100% wrong because it was utilized and very well.

windbane said:
Paperdiego said:

Yea like for Lair, GTA4. Plz most ppl don't use it when they have the option and instead of focusing on that they should have improved the design of the controller.

Motion control is not a mistake, but SIXAXIS was because it was clearly a last-minute, halfhearted attempt. Sony needed to either take the plunge (as Wii did) or not play at all (as 360 did). Half measures don't work for things like this.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Dark Chaos said:
windbane said:
Paperdiego said:

Yea like for Lair, GTA4. Plz most ppl don't use it when they have the option and instead of focusing on that they should have improved the design of the controller.

Lair had bad controls that had nothing to do with motion. I played the game with analog and it was no better.

Warhawk, flOw, Flower, Folklore, and many others have used it well. Killzone 2 is the latest example with sniping.