By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN believes that Killzone 2 is quite choice

leo-j said:
tabsina said:
I just hope the gameplay is good, because the visuals at the current state is 360 material, and it really surprises me that the fans of the game are just letting it slide.. I would be pissed off if Metroid was 30fps, and that is a Wii game (and we all know how bad the Wii processin power is, don't we?)

The 360 cant make a game look this great. Killzone 2 cant be done in this way visually on the 360, that has been said by alot of people. This game gets a comparison with crysis. The people in killzone 2 look more realistic than they do in crysis.

OMG. Leo-j back at it again. This is a ridiculous statement. This game is not in comparison with Crysis. Gears of War still looks just as good as Killzone 2 does now. Seriously man! 95% of you statements are complete BS. And you post SOOOOO much. 2100 of your 2200 posts are ludicrous. I mean, honestly, Killzone 2 looks fantastic, but it's not the end all or be all of game graphics.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
Cadence said:
The textures aren't really that impressive, but I find the character models to be quite appealing. Graphically, I mean.
Just as Cadence said, the enviromental textures don't really look like the deal, it almost seems like most of the horsepower is going into character models, animation, lighting....I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out that the PS3 can't do better than 720p, 30 fps with this game. Next, i wonder just how much space will the game take. They should learn how to compress data instead of just throwing everything on an expensive disc.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Arkk said:
leo-j said:
tabsina said:
I just hope the gameplay is good, because the visuals at the current state is 360 material, and it really surprises me that the fans of the game are just letting it slide.. I would be pissed off if Metroid was 30fps, and that is a Wii game (and we all know how bad the Wii processin power is, don't we?)

The 360 cant make a game look this great. Killzone 2 cant be done in this way visually on the 360, that has been said by alot of people. This game gets a comparison with crysis. The people in killzone 2 look more realistic than they do in crysis.

OMG. Leo-j back at it again. This is a ridiculous statement. This game is not in comparison with Crysis. Gears of War still looks just as good as Killzone 2 does now. Seriously man! 95% of you statements are complete BS. And you post SOOOOO much. 2100 of your 2200 posts are ludicrous. I mean, honestly, Killzone 2 looks fantastic, but it's not the end all or be all of game graphics.

I will actually agree with Leo (even though I agree he needs to be perma-banned) the 360 cant handle the amount of stuff happening at once in Killzone 2 and being limited to 360 formatted DVD-9 only 3 alpha maps would be able to fit. The map shown is 2GBs large so if there is 20 maps the 360 would be screwed as there would need to be 40GB/7GB = 6 DVDs, thats not good at all and thats taking away maybe 2GB of 7.1 channel audio and the game engine. Even if some maps have some textures reused to cut down on file size on some maps the game still needs the 50GB Blu-ray disc. 

Also this being the alpha version and the PC version of Gears looks worse then the PS3 version of UT3 (a game thats nearly complete) and Killzone 2 is in it's alpha form, the beta being shown at TGS, currently matches UT3 PS3, the beta will probably match UT3 PC. 

And of course its not the end all to be all but it is pushing fantasy realism to the next level.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wojtas said:
Cadence said:
The textures aren't really that impressive, but I find the character models to be quite appealing. Graphically, I mean.
Just as Cadence said, the enviromental textures don't really look like the deal, it almost seems like most of the horsepower is going into character models, animation, lighting....I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out that the PS3 can't do better than 720p, 30 fps with this game. Next, i wonder just how much space will the game take. They should learn how to compress data instead of just throwing everything on an expensive disc.

About the textures...

This game is using a deferred rendering; basically this means they can have tons of lightsources, shadows, motion blurr and other effects without as much of a performance penalty as you would get through a more standard rendering technique. On of the big disadvantages to this technique is it severly limits the texture fill rate, that is the number and size of textures that can be used - so, don't expect the textures to get significantly better unless they come up with a majore technical or artistic workaround.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Wojtas said:
Cadence said:

About the textures...

This game is using a deferred rendering; basically this means they can have tons of lightsources, shadows, motion blurr and other effects without as much of a performance penalty as you would get through a more standard rendering technique. On of the big disadvantages to this technique is it severly limits the texture fill rate, that is the number and size of textures that can be used - so, don't expect the textures to get significantly better unless they come up with a majore technical or artistic workaround.

well they are the ones who made their engine so they might be able to figure a way to make their engine handle bigger textures. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Arkk said:
leo-j said:
tabsina said:

I will actually agree with Leo (even though I agree he needs to be perma-banned) the 360 cant handle the amount of stuff happening at once in Killzone 2 and being limited to 360 formatted DVD-9 only 3 alpha maps would be able to fit. The map shown is 2GBs large so if there is 20 maps the 360 would be screwed as there would need to be 40GB/7GB = 6 DVDs, thats not good at all and thats taking away maybe 2GB of 7.1 channel audio and the game engine. Even if some maps have some textures reused to cut down on file size on some maps the game still needs the 50GB Blu-ray disc. 

Also this being the alpha version and the PC version of Gears looks worse then the PS3 version of UT3 (a game thats nearly complete) and Killzone 2 is in it's alpha form, the beta being shown at TGS, currently matches UT3 PS3, the beta will probably match UT3 PC. 

And of course its not the end all to be all but it is pushing fantasy realism to the next level.

Re disc space

In the E3 demo, you see those big things flying in the sky far in the distance? Or flying over the city with all those buildings. Thats why the first level uses 2gb. The way those far off building/details are stored on disc require a ton of space and is not compressed whatsoever.

Think about this; Warhawk looks nice, right? And all the maps are really big, right? Then why is Warhawk under a gig?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Ari Gold believes that Metal Gear Solid 4 > Killzone 2

ssj12 said:
sieanr said:
Wojtas said:
Cadence said:

About the textures...

well they are the ones who made their engine so they might be able to figure a way to make their engine handle bigger textures. 

Its not that simple. The texture fill rate is limited by the hardware, and the method of rendering inherintly limits the texture fill rate. The only way they could partically overcome this is to give everything near the player nice textures, and everything above/beyond invisible walls fairly low rez textures. The fact is, they knew about this limit when development started and either assumed textures wouldn't be high enough rez to make a difference this gen, or thought the advantages were worth it.

It's not as simple as flipping a switch.

ssj12 said:
Arkk said:
leo-j said:
tabsina said:

As ive mentioned before, this game looks only marginally better than gears of war, and is coming out 18 months later with a higher budget and bigger development team. Common sense dictates that the extra time devs have had with the system since gears WOULD allow the game to run in an identical form on the 360. Its also become a well known fact that Sony and their associates are incapable of good compression. Motorstorm was meant to be 22gigabytes (yeah right) and HS is on a blu-ray disk but still only 6 hours long. Incidentally, PGR4 which people were claiming was milited by DVD9 is now coming with the geometry wars sequel also on disk. Kinda gives you an idea about Microsoft's compression capabilities next to Sony's. Worst case scenario, a single player campaign could simply be put across two disks.

As for pushing fantasy realism to the next level, a powerful PC running crysis (or any number of games for that matter) pawns the PS3 and the 360.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
Arkk said:
leo-j said:
tabsina said:

Re disc space

In the E3 demo, you see those big things flying in the sky far in the distance? Or flying over the city with all those buildings. Thats why the first level uses 2gb. The way those far off building/details are stored on disc require a ton of space and is not compressed whatsoever.

Think about this; Warhawk looks nice, right? And all the maps are really big, right? Then why is Warhawk under a gig?

theres only 5 of them, theres not even half the things going on screen when theres 32 warhawks in the air, there isnt a ton of buildings, there isnt a ton of enemies running, only like 2% of the buildings are destructable.