By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN believes that Killzone 2 is quite choice

I just hope the gameplay is good, because the visuals at the current state is 360 material, and it really surprises me that the fans of the game are just letting it slide.. I would be pissed off if Metroid was 30fps, and that is a Wii game (and we all know how bad the Wii processin power is, don't we?)

Around the Network

Have you even seen (or played) Resistance: Fall of Man? The whole frame rate thing is a little overblown because of the differences in multiplatform games (such as Madden). If you've seen Resistance, the frame rate is (except for one or two areas in the game, very rare though) locket at a steady 30 fps. In fact, the game is smooth and fast paced even with all the stuff going on.

tabsina said:
I just hope the gameplay is good, because the visuals at the current state is 360 material, and it really surprises me that the fans of the game are just letting it slide.. I would be pissed off if Metroid was 30fps, and that is a Wii game (and we all know how bad the Wii processin power is, don't we?)

The 360 cant make a game look this great. Killzone 2 cant be done in this way visually on the 360, that has been said by alot of people. This game gets a comparison with crysis. The people in killzone 2 look more realistic than they do in crysis.

mM
leo-j said:
tabsina said:

The 360 cant make a game look this great. Killzone 2 cant be done in this way visually on the 360, that has been said by alot of people. This game gets a comparison with crysis. The people in killzone 2 look more realistic than they do in crysis.

How "realisitic" a person looks really isn't dependant on the technology, but how things are done in the game.

However, since the 360 and PS3 are actually very close in terms of power, I bet it can run a game like this with really blurry textures just fine.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I'm not so sure. I don't think the power gap between the PS3 and 360 is as prominent as it was between the PS2 and Xbox, but it's still there, and most of the games that were made for Xbox sucked when they got ported down to PS2.

Around the Network

When has it been said that it won't run at 1080p and 60 fps.

btw, what does everyone think of the neat cover system.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

When has it been said that it won't run at 1080p and 60 fps.

btw, what does everyone think of the neat cover system.

idk, its alpha so of course they aren't going to try to optimize it to run at 1080p at 60fps right now. 

The cover system seems fun (better then gear's) 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

it will be stupid to reach the 1080/60FPS just to be able to say
"we can do it"

I prefer that they had more open space in the level, better IA, special effect, bigger level, more vehicule etc ...

In fact, we dont care of 1080/fps
remember that Gear of War was 30fps only ...
==> best visual game 2007 (and still right now)

Time to Work !

That game looks just too gray/brownish for my taste. That makes it look like gazillion of other quake-ish shooters, no matter how graphically advanced it is. But that's just my opinion

libellule said:
it will be stupid to reach the 1080/60FPS just to be able to say
"we can do it"

I prefer that they had more open space in the level, better IA, special effect, bigger level, more vehicule etc ...

In fact, we dont care of 1080/fps
remember that Gear of War was 30fps only ...
==> best visual game 2007 (and still right now)

No. Unreal tournament 3 looks better visually than gears of war. Killzone 2 looks better than both those games. They should make it 60fps though, it would be better for the environment, and make it even smoother etc.. Also UT3 runs at 30fps as well.

mM