By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN believes that Killzone 2 is quite choice

Killzone3 said:

I doubt any of you can tell if a game is 720p or 1080p 60fps or 30fps, only way you know is by the developers disclosing that info.

I can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a heartbeat -- especially on a decent quality screen.  720P vs. 1080p doesn't really concern me but I'll always pick the higher framerate as it makes everything so much smoother.  As noted, you won't see it in a trailer unless the trailer is 60fps video in native resolution but they never are as the download would be enormous...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
Apostrovich said:
I've seen the Halo beta, it looks like Halo 2 with better textures. I can understand how people are excited to play it, but it sure as hell isn't because the graphics are'nt all that great. If only in that area Killzone 2 pounds Halo 3. Remember, I am not saying Halo 3 sucks or will suck. But if whoever buys it does it because they're looking for the best graphics, even on the 360, they're going to be disappointed.

I'mcertainly not saying that Halo 3 will have "OMG!11!!" graphics, but you might want to read up a bit.  The game has come a LONG way graphically speaking since the beta came out.

On the same note, I would hope that by the time KZ2 was released they would squeeze graphics out of it that would blow me away.  I'm working on a PS3 as we speak and I already have a 360.  I'm truly looking for graphics that make me stand there in awe.

Gears had some amazing graphical moments.  Some of the buildings and environments are the best I've ever seen.  At other times, there were clearly areas that could have used some time to improve on.  I've compared Bioshock and Gears graphics and there are areas where each game shines.  Clearly if you combined the better of the two, it would be a stunner for sure, but there is a point where developers say "enough" and ship the product.

KZ2, MGS4, COD4, LBP, and KZ2 are the titles I'm hoping hit the street with graphics that make the PS3 look like the graphical powerhouse that it is advertised to be.

I'd have to agree with other posters in this thread that if KZ2 uses a lower-res texturing system and doesn't get beyond 720P and/or 30FPS, it's going to be hard to tout it as a 360 killer -- especially given the resources being poured into the game.... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
Killzone3 said:

I doubt any of you can tell if a game is 720p or 1080p 60fps or 30fps, only way you know is by the developers disclosing that info.

I can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a heartbeat -- especially on a decent quality screen. 720P vs. 1080p doesn't really concern me but I'll always pick the higher framerate as it makes everything so much smoother. As noted, you won't see it in a trailer unless the trailer is 60fps video in native resolution but they never are as the download would be enormous...

there is very little difference between 60fps and 30fps. You can see the difference, obviously, but its only slight. I doubt that many people here would b able to see the difference between the two; if they could, does it matter? 30fps is good enough imo. While 60fps is preferable, its stupid to question a games graphics quality because its at 30fps

Despite this though, i think the fact that it is in 720p is quite funny. Not that its a problem or anything in my mind, my view on resolutions is that there is very little difference between 1080p and 720p unless u have a pretty large TV, but i find it funny because for the last year or two Sony has always gone on and on about how their console is "True HD" with 1080p. Then probably one of their biggest games comes along and doesnt even support it :P lol

Kotaku has some hand son impressions with KZ2, both good and bad; Basically, they say it looks nice and controlls well, but the AI is complete shit.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gc07/killzone-2-hands-on-293495.php

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

First. I'm my phone. second. 1080p is way overrateD. i usually sit about 3 feet from my 40. i can barely tell 720 from 1080. a smooth 30fps is fine. and nice anti sony trolling hell. it must be ok tho because the mods arent saying anything. if i become a nintendo fanboi, can i troll sony all day and it be ok?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
First. I'm my phone. second. 1080p is way overrateD. i usually sit about 3 feet from my 40. i can barely tell 720 from 1080. a smooth 30fps is fine. and nice anti sony trolling hell. it must be ok tho because the mods arent saying anything. if i become a nintendo fanboi, can i troll sony all day and it be ok?

You do know every thread about every game ends up turning into arguments?

There's nothing different about this thread then there is about a Mario thread.

You and AllAll just apparently get their feelings hurt if we even get close to an actual discussion about the game.

And what's with this 1080p overrated nonsense?  You're the one that always flaunts 1080p in PS3 games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

sieanr said:
So, 5 very large very good looking Warhawk levels is under a gig, yet one level of Killzone 2 takes up twice that space.

Hmm, doesn't seem strange at all....

Hmm maybe if you knew what you are talking about.

They Compressed the hell out of it for PSN.

AllAll said:
sieanr said:
So, 5 very large very good looking Warhawk levels is under a gig, yet one level of Killzone 2 takes up twice that space.

I know, its just an example.

All the people saying Killzone 2 needs bluray since the levels are 2gb - maybe its because shit is uncompressed.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Seriously, they could make the beta look 3 times as good as it does and it would look like Bioshock. It just was not designed so much with realism in mind.

sieanr said:
AllAll said:
sieanr said:

I know, its just an example.

All the people saying Killzone 2 needs bluray since the levels are 2gb - maybe its because shit is uncompressed.

well they cant compress it, the game is going to have constant streaming of media from the disc, compressing it would make the framerate become unstable easily. Remember GTA:SA, it takes up all 8.5GB, the game is totally uncompressed because it has a continues stream feature. So figure if they made it one giant plane like in GTA:SA the game would take up way more then 50GB. So they are still having a level based system but having it stream different sections of the maps together instead of having to have a retardedly long load time even if you had some textures installed to the HDD. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453