By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is There a Bad Mario Game?

A very cool article on IGN...

http://retro.ign.com/articles/954/954165p1.html

The question could be ask. I don't think there is a bad Mario in the official series (don't say Mario time machine which is not officaly a Mario in the main series... do we understand ?) but at least we could tell our preferences. Personnaly, I think Mario Sunshine was not so great for a Mario game but it wasn't bad at all.

Around the Network

In the main canon, Mario 2 wasn't so hot in retrospect, but it could be argued that it isn't a real Mario game since the foundation of it was lifted from an entirely different nes game. (Arabian Nights or something by that line)

In answer to the question and keeping with the article's demand of no off-shoot games, I personally have always considered SMBL 2 - 6 Golden Coins to be something of a bastard child/game. To me the way Mario Jumps is waaay to spacey and I beat the game in one sitting first time through, I was just waiting for it to get bettter and it never did.

so, that's my two cents.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I haven't played a Mario game that I hated, but so far Sunshine is my least favorite.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I'd go to argue that none of the spin offs are bad either.

Sure they aren't amazing, but they aren't bad games at all.

Around the Network
vic_viper said:
In the main canon, Mario 2 wasn't so hot in retrospect, but it could be argued that it isn't a real Mario game since the foundation of it was lifted from an entirely different nes game. (Arabian Nights or something by that line)

yeah it was originally supposed to be based off a manga, that got canned.  It's why all the baddies are completely different even Wart! than the Mushroom Kingdom familiars.  What tickles me is that, Nintendo knew there would be fan backlash, so in Nippon (japan) they called it Super Mario USA.  /LOL

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Super Mario USA?? Lol, oh Japan what wackiness will you incite next?

To be honest, I don't even think I've ever played a game FEATURING Mario that wasn't fun for at least a little while. Not including offshoots, I'd say Mario 2 is the 'least awesome' main series game, while Mario Baseball on Gamecube didn't hold my interest for too, too long.

I like all the Mario Party games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Mario Sunshine was crap.

no there isn't, there are some mario games that i didn't like, but it's not because they were bad games, they just didn't fit my interests.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X