By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is There a Bad Mario Game?

ok, smb2 was a good game. It was fun, unique and had a decent challenge. It also had a interesting level platform. I liked it and that is why it is on my VC now.

Granted, had that game been released in its original form, i.e. not mario based, it would not have sold anywhere near the same. But, that doesn't mean it isn't a good game.

Sunshine just didn't keep me entertained. I was ok, but just not much of a mario platform game to me. I didn't even finish it, not because I couldn't, but because I got bored of it.

Also, NSMB on DS was fantastic. Your an idiot if you didn't like it. It was the sole reason I owned a DSLite for a month.

Around the Network

I actually had a lot of fun with SMS. My favorite part were the levels where you were thrown into the middle of nowhere with a bunch of blocks to navigate over.

Those were frustrating..in the good way. :>

In the main series, there is no bad game. And Super Mario Sunshine was an amazing game. I can understand if one got bored from all the blue coin collecting, but other than that, the game was great and I played it to death.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I personally don't get the hate for SMB2(US) and SMS. In some areas, I think Sunshine is better than 64 and Galaxy. Same with SMB2 in comparsion to SMB and SMB3. Something I guess I'll never understand..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yeah I never understood what all the hating on Sunshine was about either... Yes it was a bit different. So what, I really enjoyed it, terrific game.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
goddog said:
arsenal009 said:
This thread has made me come to the realization that about half the ppl don't even read the OP.
oh i read the articel and its limitation... but thats like saying well is theres a bad FF game.... but dont look at any spin offs ....

Terrible example IMO, Mario has WAY more spinoffs and the quality of certain [edit: FF] main series games is also more debatable. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Mario Clash

Final-Fan said:
goddog said:
arsenal009 said:
This thread has made me come to the realization that about half the ppl don't even read the OP.
oh i read the articel and its limitation... but thats like saying well is theres a bad FF game.... but dont look at any spin offs ....

Terrible example IMO, Mario has WAY more spinoffs and the quality of certain [edit: FF] main series games is also more debatable. 

i dont disagree, but there are not many franchises that have as many spin offs as mario and FF was the first i could think of.... its not like tom clancy is actually in his games, other wise that might have qualified 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I have to agree with some of you, that Super Mario 2 wasn't my favorite. I think Super Mario Bros. kicked down the door, but SMB 3 was the game that really endeared the series with me.

Soleron said:
Without Mario 2 where would we get Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, Pokeys, Ninjis, Birdo, POW blocks, or Sparks? All of them are now Mario staples.

It also introduced the concept of Mario running faster and Luigi jumping higher, which has lasted into all of today's Mario sports games.  And Mouser, who was awesome in several episodes of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

But the POW block was from Mario Bros., back before they were super.

And I still think that some of the castle-mazes with conveyor belts everywhere were better than their counterparts in SMB3, which were easier and more linear.