By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xenogears GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME

best story, great characters, second best to me, FF7 has a special place in my heart.

1-) FF7
2-) xenogears
3-) Chrono Triggers
4-) suikoden 3
5-) FF9

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Some of my favorite Xenogears music is:

Andthis one, especially 0.45-1.25

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

@Naum

I love that first song. When I first heard it my mood actually changed, it is such a great theme. I remember hearing that song quite a bit in Shevat. Go CHU-CHU!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yes g-value, you may be right. Can you tell me the story in a nutshell again?

As much as I did love the story, I'm afraid I can't remember anything coherent about it, just pieces of it. The gameplay was great, but the fighting on foot became tedious after over 40+ hours. The game story came to an almost complete stall on the 2nd disc (after over 60+ hours). I consider it a masterpiece nonetheless, but I would argue there are better RPGs that also combine excellent gameplay + excellent (and more concise) story ie.: CHRONO TRIGGER.

The said:

As much as I did love the story, I'm afraid I can't remember anything coherent about it, just pieces of it. The gameplay was great, but the fighting on foot became tedious after over 40+ hours. The game story came to an almost complete stall on the 2nd disc (after over 60+ hours). I consider it a masterpiece nonetheless, but I would argue there are better RPGs that also combine excellent gameplay + excellent (and more concise) story ie.: CHRONO TRIGGER.

I'm afraid that not humanly possible. Xenogears is waaaaaaaaay too complex.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network
The said:

The 2nd disc being like that is a shame really. I wish Square never rushed this game out the door and let the creators turn it into what they originally invisioned.

Like Johann said, story is way too complex to explain in a forum post.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

^That's just my point, we know we loved the story when we played the game long time ago, but we don't remember most of it!!

Hmm, Xenogears was great, unfortunatelly, 2nd CD sucks. If game has same story telling as 1st CD, it could be much better overall. Pretty disappointing, at least for me.

But still, story was the strongest element of the game, too bad, that rest of the game was that stellar.

PArasite Eve is mine----it is the BOMB AND THE DOPE PHAT MONKEY NUTS

The said:
^That's just my point, we know we loved the story when we played the game long time ago, but we don't remember most of it!!

I remember it all.

I remember the fall of Fei's home town.

The time on board the Yggdrassil.

Underneath the desert.

Shevat.

Relics that make my gears even more awesome.

Poor poor Hammer.

I remember the nasty Soylent System. (sp?)

Bad bad Krelian.

Good good Krelian.

Cannibalism.

Babel Tower.

I actually could go into full detail from start to finish, all the side quests, optional fighting arena in Kislev (I think that was the location), whatever you want.

I have played that game from start to finish like 6+ times easy.

Currently playing: