By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xenogears GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME

mesoteto said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I remember playing it and enjoying it a lot but was it weird is that I never went back to it like I did for Final Fantasy VII and Parasite Eve. I still have the game and my PS3 has backward compatibility so I might return to it soon.

i am playing that one tonight

Cool! What did you name the customizable gun you get in the end? I remember I called mine the "Aya 2000" because I love corny names.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

PMS

Agree entirely, though disk 2 was rushed and a POS but overall Xenogears was and is the greatest.

The second disc was the pinnacle of RPG gaming. The first disc was a little slow, but the second disc really blew me away.

Ohhhh the Square Golden Era, so much RPGs, the Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, SMRPG, Secret of Mana, Kingdom Hearts, etc...

Xenogears was a really good game, one of the icons of the Playstation era in RPGs, but i don't like the 2nd CD as much...

Around the Network
radha said:
best story, great characters, second best to me, FF7 has a special place in my heart.

1-) FF7
2-) xenogears
3-) Chrono Triggers
4-) suikoden 3
5-) FF9

Youre too young to remember FFVI. Anyway Xenogears was and still is and will always be a masterpiece.

Kos-mos said:
radha said:
best story, great characters, second best to me, FF7 has a special place in my heart.

1-) FF7
2-) xenogears
3-) Chrono Triggers
4-) suikoden 3
5-) FF9

Youre too young to remember FFVI. Anyway Xenogears was and still is and will always be a masterpiece.

What? CT was just a year apart from VI.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
Kos-mos said:
radha said:

1-) FF7
2-) xenogears
3-) Chrono Triggers
4-) suikoden 3
5-) FF9

What? CT was just a year apart from VI.

But but but johaNN little maNN. Remember you can play games later on in yer life.

Auron said:
Agree entirely, though disk 2 was rushed and a POS but overall Xenogears was and is the greatest.

Are you kidding? Disc 2 is where the story really picked up. Disc one had too much gameplay and not enough exposition to drive it. Disc 2 gave us the meat of the narrative.

drboot said:
Auron said:

Are you kidding? Disc 2 is where the story really picked up. Disc one had too much gameplay and not enough exposition to drive it. Disc 2 gave us the meat of the narrative.

On disc 2 story picked up, that´s true. But storytelling was go to hell. Some guy, who sitting on chair a talk about what happened? That was.... stupid.