By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xenogears GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME

I wish they'd release this game on the US PSN. I'm almost positive Japanese gamers have access to it.

I've always been curious about Xenogears, but it's average used price on Ebay is $50.  I'd rather wait for a remake or port if that ever happens.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Around the Network

Xenogears is one of the best all time for sure, i cant single out a RPG as THE all Time best, but Xenogears is in my top 3 for sure, i can go back and play it right now and love every second of it.

To me it has the best story of any RPG, opening Cinema makes is one of the best all time also.

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Xenogears is one of the worst JRPG I ever played.
The only thing that was really good in this game was the story.
But as a game it was very bad. Also, it was the longest game I ever played.
The gameplay was very very bad.
This would have been an awesome anime series, but it's a very bad game.

ookaze said:
Xenogears is one of the worst JRPG I ever played.
The only thing that was really good in this game was the story.
But as a game it was very bad. Also, it was the longest game I ever played.
The gameplay was very very bad.
This would have been an awesome anime series, but it's a very bad game.

wtf iz wrong wit u!!

Wookaroo said:

I wish they'd release this game on the US PSN. I'm almost positive Japanese gamers have access to it.

I've always been curious about Xenogears, but it's average used price on Ebay is $50.  I'd rather wait for a remake or port if that ever happens.

They have it, since June 2008. The JP PSN is incredible...

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
Wookaroo said:

They have it, since June 2008. The JP PSN is incredible...

I figured they'd have all the good stuff. Shame, because Sony would get my money if they released some of those goodies over here.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

what version of xenogears was on xbox?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

After playing FFVII, I was dissapointed in Xenogears. Still a fair game though, but I feel it's a tad overhyped nowadays. I still have my copy if anyone wants it. You'll pay out your ass though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I really wish I never sold this masterpiece of a game, not the best rpg I ever played but the story blows the doors off of any other story in gaming that I have experienced, with the honorable exceptions of Killer 7 and Sotc.

No clue what anyone has said on this thread but saw the topic...and yes...Xenogears is greatest RPG ever!!!